Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A couple of my recent projects (Read 2239 times)
Castle7

I'm on fire today!!

GR, Michigan
A couple of my recent projects
Feb 18th, 2006 at 1:06pm

I can't quite remember what was in my last post about my projects, and I'm to lazy to look it up now.

Water balloon crossbow: As I posted in another post before, I am coming up with designs for a water balloon crossbow. In the following link there is a forum I visit often and there is where I intially talked about my WBCB (Water balloon crossbow). If you have any questions of coaurse post them here. I do have some updates that I will post both here and there later.
http://forums.shadowedrealm.com/index.php?showtopic=537

Foot powered lathe: This is most recent project. I don't have any pictures yet of it so my description will have to be suffice for now I suppose. It is very similar to a spring pole lathe except I am using a ten pound weight and some pullies instead of a limb. A limb would be easier but, believe it or not, I can not find a suitabel one!! It works to some extent but needs some fine tuning. I'm going to be purchasing a lathe soon so I very well my be forgeting all about this one soon. Cheesy

Whipper: I can't remember if I post about this before so my apolgies if I am reposting. A whipper is a modern style trebuchet. As some of you may know a treb arm only rotates a little over 100degrees. Where as a whipper arm rotates over 360! My model is currently scattered all over the garage in different projects. Included is a link with more info.
http://forums.shadowedrealm.com/index.php?showtopic=509&st=0

That's everything I can think of that is of any interest. Hope ya'll enjoyed the reading.

If I build it, they will run.&&-Mikeel&&&&

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: A couple of my recent projects
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2006 at 11:19pm

Are whippers much more powerful than trebuchets?  

Cool stuff!  I have never heard of such a thing???

What era were they used in?

IP Logged

Æthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2006 at 12:58am

Those are looking nice! Grin

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Æthelbera  
IP Logged

Unsapien

"Sling your words like
cannon balls."Vari, M.Twain

Davis, Ca
Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 11:50pm

Very interesing...

hmmm

AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

Castle7

I'm on fire today!!

GR, Michigan
Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2006 at 10:12am

Quote:
Are whippers much more powerful than trebuchets? 

Cool stuff!  I have never heard of such a thing???

What era were they used in?

The current era. The whipper model isn't even 6 years old. A man by the screen name Ripcord, he's a member here but hasn't posted in a long time, invented this style treb.

Yes they can be much more powerful than traditional trebs. But they are more difficult to fine tune, and are limited to how large they can become. They are very difficult to cock once they exceed 100lbs counter weight. More or less depending on your personal strength and if you have help.
This is because you have to physically lift the cw to the cocked postion. And the trigger has to be much stronger because the trigger is on the short side of the arm.

If I build it, they will run.&&-Mikeel&&&&

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2006 at 3:06pm

ah good ol ripcord. He was on this site too, shame he had to vanish Undecided

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar)