Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rome: Total war (Read 2177 times)
Arkanii
Descens

Get back, I can sling!

Rome: Total war
Nov 13th, 2005 at 3:15pm

Has any one here played rome:total war? If not i reccomed that you do. You can even comand units of slingers.  Which is awesome Grin. I was playing defend the castle aginst barbarians which have little or no armour.  I placed my slingers on the walls of the castle and as soon as the barbarians cam in range, the slingers realiced a haill/downfall of stones Grin

BlackSnow28  
IP Logged

Naiyor
Descens

My sling-a-ling, My sling-a-ling,
I want you to..

Canada
Re: Rome: Total war
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 3:04pm

I love that game...I actually just posted a comment in the other section...i guess it might have to be moved!!

IP Logged

Naiyor
Descens

My sling-a-ling, My sling-a-ling,
I want you to..

Canada
Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 3:05pm

Hi Folks,

I started playing Rome Total War....Fantastic Game, Pretty realistic units and weapons etc...battles take part on a grand scale.

In one battle I had 3000 slingers, casting stones at an army of 2500 peasents (I was creating sadistic little battles just to see what happens)

anyways...I highly recommend that game to anyone who likes that genre. (I would have bought the game just to amass huge armies of slingers and watch the mayhem!!)

that game gets the "Naiyor seal of Approval"  

....this was my post from the other forum...moved it!

IP Logged

Arkanii
Descens

Get back, I can sling!

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 3:36pm

I'm thinkin of gettin the barbarian invasion expansion pack.  The pack includes more fractions, units, more areas to adventure and night attack.

BlackSnow28  
IP Logged

Castle7

I'm on fire today!!

GR, Michigan
Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 7:21pm

I've got the demo for Age of Empires II. It's alot of fun. How is it compared to Rome:Total War?

If I build it, they will run.&&-Mikeel&&&&

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 8:05pm

I like Rome Total War better.

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 8:51pm

i might have to look into it. Does any one know what age of empires 3 is suppost to be like? Any slingers?

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Castle7

I'm on fire today!!

GR, Michigan
Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 10:29pm

I think it is about when the Americas where discovered

If I build it, they will run.&&-Mikeel&&&&

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 6:12am

I used to play computer games - now sitting in front of a computer just feels like working :-)
Plus - who has the time ?
lol

On the other hand I do use my gba (modded) a lot :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Endoperez
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 10:39am

I am more traditional geek, so I use more time in front of the computer than outside... Especially now that it's raining, and especially because it should already be snowing. If there was snow in the ground, I could see enough to sling. Now I doubt I could even find any rocks... Sad

Rome: Total War has bigger armies and is more realistic than Age of Empires series. I'm not sure if the latter is more fun, at least it is faster to play. Total War series takes time.

For strategy, I prefer Dominions series. More strategy, but much worse graphics. And it isn't really historical, but fantasy, but deeps roots in mythology. It's really kind of historical fantasy, as you can research all the myths behind the nations like you could research the historical facts and tools behind the Total War/Age of Empires series. Included are South-American blood cult, Spanish/Catholic priest-state, Jotun giants and Vanir "elves" from Scandinavia, R'lyeh from Lovecraft's work, etc. The game has lots of style.

Mount & Blade is also good, but not strategy. It has medieval weapons, and horses that actually play a big role both in and outside of battle.

IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 11:35am

RTW is one of my favourite games ever. When I first got it on Christmas, last year, I started playing it almost immediately. Within about an hour, my dad heard me lauging evilly from the direction of the computer. So, he walked over and asked what I was laughing at. I told him "Dad, your only son is now a proud and victorious Roman General! Strength and Honour!" And thumped my chest the way they saluted in Gladiator. He looked at the screen and said, why are all those guys yelling? I told him, Because they're Gauls, and they're dead" He said, "They look pretty alive to me" I looked back at him, smiled and said "Alright, but just wait until my cavalries smash into them!" He just looked at me and shook his head. He stuck around for a few minutes, and watched both of my cavalry cohorts smash into the sides of the barbarian lines and walked away chuckling.

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #11 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 11:40pm

Civilization IV is my current favourite game, along with Guild Wars, a great mmorpg with no monthly fees Cheesy

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Chris)