Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sling Personalities (Read 1274 times)
kid
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Sling Personalities
Oct 24th, 2005 at 12:48pm

I have a number of different slings ie different pouch sizes , designs, different cords nylon vs. dacron, different lengths, different release knots, different finger loops etc.  Anyway I have observed that each one seems to have its own personality in terms of what size, weight and type of projectile works best in it.

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Re: Sling Personalities
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 6:55pm

I find the same thing. My Apache woven sling is far different from my pigskin ones. Its more aggresive, good for distance, and makes an impressive crack when used

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 10:24pm

Yeah, I have my distance sling (leather with cotton cord) and short range (suede pouch with red Canadian flag maple leaf design) sling,  and moderate range (apache style with braided nylon seine cord) and they all seem to take different kinds of projectiles, and release in certain ways. So, to be safe, when I sling, I take all of them along! And I've started walking sometimes on my break at work, and I like to sling rocks I find at the back of the local walmart, and I find that if I'm walking without my slings, it just isn't the same. It just doesn't feel...right, somehow. They're sort of like good friends now.

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

slingerkid

Job 39-42

Taranaki, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2005 at 3:05am

Man - talk about emotional conection! (no offence)

Yea, I have somehow ended up with quite a few slings - (probably because making one is such a good rainy day activity!) and i have found that they all sling different

The Earth moved, and the object hit the universe, as a chair, hitting the object. The crowd leaves to avoid itself. You are of the dream you once had tomorrow. Let go of the hand that holds itself, and it will let go of yourself.
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2005 at 12:13pm

I don't know about anyone else, but at least I haven't gone so far as to naming my slings

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2005 at 5:42pm

Anyone ever seen the thread "I'm in love with my sling?" Its so awesome. This guy made a great couple of love paragraphs out of chucking rocks. He ought to put that in a book.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Morphy, Kick)