Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
primitive medicine ... just thought (Read 6562 times)
grey_wolf
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

primitive medicine ... just thought
Oct 8th, 2005 at 7:55pm

hey in all the thought on primitive weaponry I got to thinking...What about ancient and primitive medicine... well if a stray rock or asomthing hits me why not use the primitive methods of healing... just a thought... Smiley

wolf_fighter_king  
IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: primitive medicine ... just thought
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2005 at 8:24pm

i do well i try anyway i have a few books on it my favorite healing plant is stinging nettle

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2005 at 10:00am

willow bark for those killer head ache's your sure to get when that rock hits you.  Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2005 at 11:56am

Okay - what does stinging nettle cure ?

I've got a culpeppers herbal around somewhere, but not entirely convinced that sympathetic medicine works (ie you treat the part of the body that the plant looks like)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Chaotic Rage

Vous etes saoul!

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2005 at 6:01pm

Plantain is my fave!! It actually seems to take the pain away from something like a cut, where it stings. You can also live off of it, but I find it tastes strangely like butter. If anyone wants to know one of the thousands of uses, I have a lot of links. Just let me know.

&&
Roychipoqua  
IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2005 at 8:51am

If a short-sighted or long-sighted man wants to live inside a jungle without using spectacles???? Grinjust a question.

And how do you cure sore throat by the primitive way?

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2005 at 10:40am

Slippery elm or carefully prepared sumac bark is a good gargle for sore throats.
   My favorite is jewelweed. Its a common plant thats good for poison ivy, bug bites, rashes, etc.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #7 - Oct 10th, 2005 at 12:43pm

Stinging nettle, the only contact I have had with that plant is in Newfoundland, where it leaves bee sting like injuries upon the skin.

What part of it would be helpful to heal?

I have been studying primitive and holistic medicines and looking up to create a medicine wheel. For a topical injury, I would probably make some sort of poultice to dull the pain. Or something like white cedar tea!

Loh, I would think you would make a tea, something to drink that could coat the throat and relieve it? I hear golden-thread can be used as a mouthwash for sore throats.

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2005 at 7:38pm

This thread is no back to unlocked. I have no idea why it was locked in the first place. Please conutine with the medicine talk.

One medacine that i have heard of is urine. Not for medacine but for setralzation of wounds. I read this in  a Field and stream magazine. Your own urine of course. I guess the ammouna in it is better to use than nothing.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2005 at 7:38pm

"Nettle tea compress or finely powdered dried nettles are also good for wounds, cuts, stings, and burns. The infusion was also used internally to stop excessive menstruation, bleeding from hemorrhages, bloody coughs, nose bleeds, and bloody urine. It helps blood clot, but major bleeding is dangerous—indicative of a serious underlying condition. Consult a competent practitioner in such cases. Use for minor cuts.

Other uses include treating gout, glandular diseases, poor circulation, enlarged spleen, diarrhea, and dysentery, worms, intestinal and colon disorders, and hemorrhoids. Nettles are usually used along with other herbs that target the affected organs.

German researchers are using nettle root extracts for prostate cancer, and Russian scientists are experimenting with nettle leaf tincture for hepatitis and gall bladder inflammation.

Eating nettles or drinking the tea makes your hair brighter, thicker and shinier, and makes your skin clearer and healthier—good for eczema and other skin conditions. Commercial hair- and skin care products in health food stores often list stinging nettle as an ingredient. Nettles have cleansing and antiseptic properties, so the tea is also good in facial steams and rinses."

taken from wildmanstevebrill.com

IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #10 - Oct 11th, 2005 at 7:49pm

I heard that urine can relieve stung wounds from jellyfish. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #11 - Oct 11th, 2005 at 8:07pm

I heard that too, but don't know how true it is.

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #12 - Oct 11th, 2005 at 8:51pm

i will get stung next time i go to the beach and try

IP Logged

Smudge

Sticks and stones WILL
brake your bones.

everywhere
Reply #13 - Oct 11th, 2005 at 9:17pm

I don't think that urine will cure excessive menstruation though, so nettles must be better... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #14 - Oct 12th, 2005 at 3:42am

Ben,you really want to try?? Shocked

What about vinegar?I heard that vinegar can relieve jellyfish stings , too because it contains acid.Am I right? ???

Before I mentioned that eating cockroaches can cure fever,is this true?

As for minor wounds,your own saliva is the natural medicine .It can prevent bacteria from entering your wounds and helps to heal faster.

You can use aloe-vera juice to relieve muscle ache.Those are what I know.

I have one question.What can I use as natural laxative??
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2005 at 8:06am by LKH9 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris)