Send Topic Print
new sling target. (Read 1106 times)
slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
new sling target.
Oct 3rd, 2005 at 12:25pm

I've discovered a new substance that makes a great target. Corrugate plastic. Its the stuff the political lawn signs are made of.
   We made targets 4 sheets thick, and painted to look human. After that we set the targets up so that they had some give when they got hit. Slinging golf balls against them was fun. There is almost no bounce from the balls hitting the plastic. These targets are also good for archery and throwing knives. The material is cheap, too.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Re: new sling target.
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2005 at 1:51pm

Quote:
...painted to look human...

That's funny, the corrugated plastic "targets" in my neighbourhood come pre-painted to look almost human... and there are lots of sizes and colours to choose from!

IP Logged

Naiyor
Descens

My sling-a-ling, My sling-a-ling,
I want you to..

Canada
Re: new sling target.
Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2005 at 2:51pm

At my old place of work there were about 50 large round cut-outs that looked like Christmas baubles...Each was about 1.5 m in width.

I would tape about 15 together to make a round, thick target for my throwing knives...

I highly recommend *finding* some and making targets from them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Chris)