Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Long-range slinging sport based on Korean Archery (Read 13758 times)
magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Re: Long-range slinging sport based on Korean Arch
Reply #30 - Oct 8th, 2005 at 10:06pm

Dear Aardvaark,

Try the following link for a great video to give you a good idea of how the traditional (more expensive, all-natural materials) ones are made:  http://hornbow.com/video.html

Yes, I know what you mean abou the Taiji schools, names, etc.

I was refering to the Yang Lu Ch'an version (over 300 movements, etc.), and terminology, as presented by Erle Montaigue and the World Taiji Boxing Association,( formerly?)  out of Murwillumba, Oz.  (Their HQ may have moved to England by now.)

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Long-range slinging sport based on Korean Arch
Reply #31 - Oct 9th, 2005 at 12:34pm

this is a better link from the same site :-)
http://hornbow.com/makebow.html

Ah right - don't think richard is overly impressed with the tai-chi union of great britain.
So I try not to mention things that upset him :-)

At the end of the day it all gives the same sort of benefit.
But mostly these days we concentrate on the wu-chi which is a much older system and the one that most tai-chi derives from.

lmao it just occured to me - horn=keratin=toenails.
These bows are made from toenails :-)
That's dangerous feet :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, LightSlinger, Rat Man, Chris, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark)