Send Topic Print
What annoys you most? (Read 9375 times)
Smudge

Sticks and stones WILL
brake your bones.

everywhere
What annoys you most?
Sep 19th, 2005 at 11:08pm

This is a topic where you can post about what annoys you the most about people, the world, where you live, etc.  Just needing to let out frusteration, so I'll go first.

I am sick and tired of the generation of Americans that I am stuck with.  I mean honestly, these people are totally dependant on society like a bunch of slimy leeches.  These teenagers have been brought up and groomed for survival in a modern world that at any time can fall apart at the seams and be reduced to utter chaos like it was in New Orleans for a short period of time.  They are blatantly ignorant to the basic skills needed to take care of themselves, most of them wouldn't know how to start a fire without a lighter or matches.  Not only that, but these teenagers that I see every day have a rebel-without-a-cause atitude and are constantly stressing the petty, insignificant things in life that have no importance.  They don't seem to acknowledge Europe or the rest of the world, for that matter, and live every day in a microcosm that is a materialistic, money-driven world.  They seem to do nothing and make no effort to change the world around them.

Whew...sorry about that, just letting off steam, it's hard going to school every day with no one else that has your interests in the primitive and simple ways.Sad

IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Re: What annoys you most?
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 2:25am

Poignant observations guys... Smiley

What really annoys me the most, are people who pull out in front of you into traffic just to slow to a snail's pace in order to be absolutely sure and not roll their car as they turn a block up the street.

Such a petty admission having made the top of my list of most annoying things, for instance....

ANNOYING!

Just kidding, but not really.

I am annoyed with myself mostly. Roads untravelled, burned bridges....dangling relationships....squandered potential.  Yada yada yada....

I am annoyed that I am so facetiously shallow and flippantly deep. 

And lastly,  I am truly annoyed that I have not fully become the change I want to see in the world.

Peace,

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 3:22am

Time for plan 'B', Dan.   Get out the weather balloon, quick while it's still calm!

Wink

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 6:32am

the uslter scots language society, who present a load of bad english + dialect as a "language" and want taxpayers' money to do it. fools.
http://www.ulsterscotsagency.com/language-us.asp
sv

IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 6:53am

plus everything smudge said, with the addition of cigarettes and alcohol, since i am saddled with an addiction to both  Sad
in fact i  dislike pretty much everything; waste, cruelty, irrelevant consumerism, violence, religion, racism, litiginous society, lack of courtesy, greed, disrespect of nature, ambition, status, sexual abstinence, lack of curiosity, football, sectarianism, religion, creation science, expensive watches.... and long lists, so i better stop
sv (miserable old git)

IP Logged

Naiyor
Descens

My sling-a-ling, My sling-a-ling,
I want you to..

Canada
Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 1:52pm

For me, all of my annoyances seem to stem from a single personality trait:

Gross Ignorance

and I have few issues with the masons and scientologists  Grin

oh...and the Raelians

IP Logged

grey_wolf
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 2:01pm

hey smudge I totally agree with you on all points but I have to add a few points.
     I absolutely hate the fact that our troops in Iraq are still there.  Bush said that we would be out of there sometime last year!

I also hate the fact that I have to hide my intrest in primitive weaponry,ways of life,etc. from my dad. I  would go live with my mom but she keeps doing things that make me stay at my dads. Imagine living with, your mom, stepdad, grandmother and cousin in a 3 bedroom apartment.

hey this actually does help blow off some steam. Thanks Smudge

wolf_fighter_king  
IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #7 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 4:37pm

actually all he sais is that the mission objective is over

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #8 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 4:57pm

haha tech i agree man those people who pull out send me into a rage! once or twice i had people pull out infront of me, then slow way down, and when i tryed to pass he zoomed right away!

other then that, hypocrites (did i spell that right? im trying to improve my spelling Smiley)

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Smudge

Sticks and stones WILL
brake your bones.

everywhere
Reply #9 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 6:18pm

I have another thing to add.  It really steams me when people can not see what the results of their actions might be.  For instance, after the Sept. 11 attacks on America, all of America was out for blood to get the ones responsible.  America hastily pointed fingers and went to supposedly set things right in the Middle-east.  I feel that the American people have grown "soft" in the four years after the 9/11 attacks, they and the media have stopped standing behind the war that they all rushed in to.  I am neither for or against the war, but the American people have to understand that war brings with it casualties and death.  It is almost as if the people here are stunned that anyone could die in the conflict in Iraq, and once someone they know does die, they stop standing behind the war effort.  I also think that the government should've replaced Saddam with another dictator, because that is the only form of government Iraq was used to.  Saddam was crazy,yes, but at least under the dictatorship there was order in Iraq and not utter chaos.

P.S. I'm not here to argue about politics, so don't attack me for this post Tongue.

IP Logged

Chaotic Rage

Vous etes saoul!

Reply #10 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 6:47pm

It is great here. No one has an acidic attitude or is nasty. I think that says something good about the whole primitive subject. Everyone here is creative, layed back (cool, not lazy), and smart. It is better than some of those cliques at schools with everyone "prepy" or "jock" or something- a lot of times they say things bad about eachother, but we don't so that makes all of us welcome here.
Some things annoy me though.
"You know what I hate??" -Andy Rooney. "I hate when people send me mail and I don't even know them. Here's one letter from the bank I walked out on 20 years ago. Here's an ad for Skydiving USA magazine! I don't anything to do with these!! blah blah blah" Andy Rooney is entertaining though.
It really annoys me when I lose a nice slingstone.

&&
Roychipoqua  
IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 9:24pm

I'm happy im not addicted to either, I never started and don't intend to.

A group of people who annoy me- besides the PETA(there are some good peta members, and I'm currently trying to get in touch with a few of them- to show them my establishment), and people who are ignorant and proud of it. These people pi$$ me off so much.. Just plain stupid.
Other than that, I'm not really annoyed by much, because I enjoy living under my rock, and because I'm happy with all the stuff I'm doing, like bows and arrows. Great stuff. I think this website, besides the planet and stickbow, was probably the main reason I was able to make bows and such in the first place. I really like these forums and whatnot.

And since the topic of the war came up I'd like to say how much it annoys me when people claim the war was illegally started, how everyone seems to think they have a right to know every little thing that goes on in and during a war, how people think that their servicemen and women relatives didn't know the potential harm they could come to when enlisting or taking a commision in the military, and how people assume they know better than the leadership and full scope of intelligence data just because they watch/listen/read news articles and books. That annoys the hell out of me. I could go on, but no sense dwelling on what annoys me when I got enough off my chest to feel better  

Ahh. the war. I actually don't see a lot of reasons why we can't start a war, and why we should start a war, of course there is a just cause..... I think that people are full of themselves, to the extent that they think they know better, by watching the news and listening to other people BS, and all that crap. If the media would leave it alone a bit, I think we would have done better in our military excursions. I also think reporters are fairly dumb people, I mean, for gods sake, there were reporters in choppers, doing nothing while everyone unloaded food, and taking up space, wasting fuel, and then asking people during the flight- oooh, how did you feel, al that bs. .. Then, you can vaguely hear in the background the word -dumb@$$-. The news is called channelone, and I don't like to have to watch it in school every day. Well, theres my speech. have to go,

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #12 - Sep 20th, 2005 at 11:30pm

Forget nice slingstone - I'm annoyed that I lost my favourite sling... No more nice comfortable perfect-length knit sling for me. Lost to the the sea...

Oh well. It was sooooo worth it, and it gives me a quick project for the rainy days that are coming. I just dislike making the same thing twice...

Matthias

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #13 - Sep 22nd, 2005 at 8:58pm

Did you lose your favourite sling to the sea, Mathias?  I almost lost mine that way too!  My favourtie sling flew out of my hand at a beach and I dove in, fully clothed and with shoes on to get it back! Grin

Back on topic, back-seat-drivers annoys me.  I hate it when they feel as if they are helping me."look! there is a spot." "watch! there is a car." Make me want to kick them out of the car because most of the time I see it looooong before they do! Angry

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #14 - Sep 22nd, 2005 at 9:08pm

SifuTint......Are we there yet.....are we there yet......are we there yet?

I SAID....ARE WE THERE YET!

Cheesy

Ffffffwhaaackkk!   Doh.

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man)