Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
underhand done across the shoulder video (Read 14739 times)
lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Re: underhand done across the  shoulder video now
Reply #45 - Apr 27th, 2006 at 7:27pm

I just found out I you run a few steps, with this style really increases  the power. Infact at the end of the three steps I almost do a baseball players slide putting all the momentum into the throw. The grounders now seem to pack as much punch as my overhand. I might recomend this for chasing game. But not with the broard head ammo lol Grin
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2006 at 7:31pm by lobohunter »  
Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Re: underhand done across the shoulder video
Reply #46 - Apr 28th, 2006 at 3:21pm

LoboHunter,
Well, I went back and added some comments to my previous posts, now that I have finally watched your video.  I only half-understood what you were doing.  The way you are holding the sling, makes much more sense than the way I was trying to do it.

I have tried a Greek-style underhand cast, but with the sling in front of me.  It is quick but not powerful, because I don't get my full arm into the cast.  Your way, starting behind the back, let's you get your whole arm into it.

Tint,  I'll try this out during lunch break, today, and let you know if I also have power problems.

Lobo, I notice you are using a wrist-loop on your sling.  And I noticed you wrap it around the back of your hand, to get a wide grip.  I'm going to try that and see how it works for me.  Maybe doing it that way, will keep the cord from slapping my palm, when I release.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #47 - May 1st, 2006 at 7:29pm

the cord slapping your palm? Retention or Release ?

IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #48 - May 1st, 2006 at 7:57pm

Seems I am less analytical of certain sling dynamics than I had previously given myself credit for.....Dale was dead on regarding the solid thumping my index finger was taking upon release.  I thought I'd figured it out by reducing the mass of the release tab.....seemed to work great until today.

I was playing with MGreenfield's O-SAST thing and afterward, when I did the figure eight overhand from an elevated position to a target situated at a lower elevation......I got stung like clockwork.   

It is truly amazing that though such a solid, stinging thump feels like it is coming from something substantial, like the release tab.....the offender turns out to be the sling cord.

Great work Dale, in diagnosing my problem from afar!

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #49 - May 2nd, 2006 at 5:07pm

LoboHunter,
My palm gets slapped by the retained cord.  What happens is that, at release, a wave gets started in the cord, which travels up the cord from the pouch to my hand.  The odd thing is, this happens some times but not always.  I have not yet figured out how to keep it from happening.  If I am using a fingerloop and a narrow grip, it is my index finger that gets slapped by the cord; with a wrist loop, the traveling wave slaps the cord against my whole palm.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #50 - May 2nd, 2006 at 5:08pm

TechStuf,
I diagnosed only from "afar" as to the tips of my fingers, I still get stung!  However, I really, really like the narrow grip with the cords both passing between thumb and forefinger, so I fear I am stuck with it.

On the other hand ... I am more accurate with narrow grip because I use it more.  I think Jurek uses a wider grip with the finger loop on his middle finger, and he is quite accurate.  So maybe I should practice with that grip, and see what happens.

On the other other hand ... your fingerfingerfingerloop grip (that I copied) and your wooden grip, only work with the narrow grip.

OK, I am out of hands now, I will cease.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #51 - May 2nd, 2006 at 6:48pm

Dale
I have not notice a slapping of the string. In any of the methods I use. grantedI have not used a finger grip in a couple of years. until the last 6 months its all been toggles then wrist loop. I must admit I only use a wide grip anymore
but never the less the slap of the string took me by surprise

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Morphy, Chris, Kick, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man)