Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What would you do? (Read 3893 times)
Kold
Ex Member

What would you do?
Aug 9th, 2005 at 8:07am

If you saw a person running down the street with a loaf of bread and some one else running after them screaming"stop that theif" and you had your sling or some other weapon ready to use at that moment, would you, not knowing that persons reasoning, stop them?

IP Logged

Naiyor
Descens

My sling-a-ling, My sling-a-ling,
I want you to..

Canada
Re: What would you do?
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2005 at 8:44am

sling a salt flour glande at him and enjoy the irony...actually I 'm not sure what I would do

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2005 at 9:56am

I once saw a similar incident.........
It was at school and a student was screaming "Thief!" at another.  A teacher ran and caught the kid to find out that they were filming for their drama class.......

No, I don't think I'd use my sling unless I know what's going on for sure.  Besides, I am not accurate enough to do anything with it anyway.  I might end up hitting the wrong guy! Grin

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2005 at 10:30am

i would not use my sling, could kill the guy, and that would be   no good for you. If i was close and he was a little guy i might try to get ahold of him but more then likely i would not even bother. If he is carrying something like bread anything i do will smash the bread making it so the guy cant sell it anyway.

Now this is with a normal guy, if it was a kid who was just taking becase he can i would stop him at any cost. I dont have a problem with people taking stuff as long as they need it. Like food or something but taking when you dont need is something else.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2005 at 11:47am

Not really my place to get involved, it is just not that much of a loss. A loaf of bread? Pfft.
Now if someone just ran into a music store and stole an expensive guitar on a rack, I'd run after them, but only because I am friends with the store owner.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2005 at 12:44pm

sling is a serious weapon... better live and let live wether if it's a bread loaf or a million $ diamond... i'd better let the cops earn their pay

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2005 at 1:51pm

and think...Ya i was trying to be a good guy and stop the mugger with my sling. but i missed and hit the 3,000$ window he was running infront of..any one care to give me a loan?

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2005 at 7:06am

Now if someone was physically attacking another person, that's a different story altogether.
I was reading that the reason most people can't harm monsters in nightmares is because of social-programming to see violence as totally wrong.
I guess this same thing stops most people from actually helping others when witnessing them being physically assaulted in any way.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - Aug 27th, 2005 at 9:57am

for a 20 p loaf of bread ? Get real :-)
Now if they were carrying somebody elses handbag (pocket book for you yanks) then yeah sure I'd stop them. But with a sling ? on a street ?
1) where am  I getting my stones from ? (I do always carry a sling so that's not a problem but I don't have any ammo)
2) why do I want to kill this person ???
3) what's wrong with sticking your foot out and tripping them up ?
4) by the time I've got my sling out, found some ammo and fired they'll be out of effective accurate range and I'll probably take out a car or bus windscreen, cause it to crash and kill/injure lots of people.

The moral of this tale is very simple.
Do Not Use Slings in built up areas :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Smudge

Sticks and stones WILL
brake your bones.

everywhere
Reply #9 - Aug 29th, 2005 at 12:09am

I would use my gridiron football training and take that sucker out Grin.

IP Logged

Eudave

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #10 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 3:52pm

I am Fourteen years out of date but remember , that person needing a loaf of bread may be you
and your children the next time around

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 4:50pm

Kind of makes me that wonder if anyone would consider slinging at a guy for stealing a loaf of bread? That better be some GOOD bread. haha...

Answer is no. Just..no.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #12 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 4:36pm

No, I wouldn't. Someone desperate enough to steal a loaf of bread must REALLY need it.  I'd probably trip the guy doing the chasing.
   Now if it was a slightly different scenario like a purse snatcher running off with a woman's handbag I might take a shot at him.  Then I'd quickly disappear because here in America no good deed goes unpunished.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #13 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 5:20pm

I'd sling aiming to hit the bread out of the thieves hands- miss horribly, crack a windshield somewhere and cause a 12 car collision.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #14 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 6:03pm

because here in America no good deed goes unpunished. LOL ain't it the truth!

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Curious Aardvark)