Send Topic Print
strange bird? (Read 2143 times)
snapback
Tiro

snap back to reallity

port alberni
strange bird?
May 11th, 2005 at 9:39pm

today after p.e. we were heading back to the school after doing long jump i seen a  completely red bird except for a triangle on its tail wich was white. does any one have any ide wat it is. i live in port alberni b.c. so it couldn't have been a red kite. wut was it.

beware of the horses hoof the bulls horns and the saxons smile.&&old irish proverb from irish proverbs and sayings.

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Re: strange bird?
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2005 at 12:47am

Hey, alright! Another Canadian... and BC to boot. That makes four! I envy you your location... Port Alberni is close to one of the all time great coastal sling ranges around here.

Hate to break this to you, but we don't have any all-red birds with white triangles around here... Cheesy Did you see it in the forest? Or down near the inlet, or in town?

Matthias

IP Logged

snapback
Tiro

snap back to reallity

port alberni
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2005 at 7:42pm

i saw it near beaver creek so i geuss it would be forested. But since we were just coming back from long jump we(my class)were in an open field.

beware of the horses hoof the bulls horns and the saxons smile.&&old irish proverb from irish proverbs and sayings.

IP Logged

snapback
Tiro

snap back to reallity

port alberni
Reply #3 - May 12th, 2005 at 7:44pm

were is that slinging location? the athletic hall is really boring and the only good rocks that actually fit in my pouch are long and skinny

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #4 - May 13th, 2005 at 2:53am

Long Beach? Stop at the river on the way out and load up on smooth stones. Or throw golfballs and recover. Make sure to record you distances (that is why I want to go - perfect place to test "engineered ammo")

Matthias

IP Logged

snapback
Tiro

snap back to reallity

port alberni
Reply #5 - May 13th, 2005 at 7:17pm

i was thinking of that but its a two hr drive...not sumthing you do everyday. BUUUUUt i thought of another place to go. thier is a big open gravel pit just outside of town. you could go thier for a picnic or sumthing. spend the day drink sum pop climb roks. it would be fun.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Chris, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus)