Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
accuracy , need help (Read 5129 times)
Raining_stones
Novicius

I love Slinging.org!

accuracy , need help
Mar 1st, 2005 at 5:20am

hey , im still new here so dont get all angry if this has been posted before .

i need help with my aiming and accuracy...a few days ago i missed my intended target and hit my mum's car.

so could you guys give me some pointers on accuracy and aiming etc..?

All help appreciated.

Good day *tilts hat*.

IP Logged

graf_zahl
Tiro

plauen-germany
Re: accuracy , need help
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 5:34am

at first, you should practise accuracy far away from cars, windows and ohther breakable things.
in my opinion, accuracy is just reachable with practising

never be timid!
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 6:11am

Away from people first and foremost! Shocked

what style do you use?  how long is your sling?

Shorter slings are usually easier to handle and vertical styles make missing sideways less likely.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 8:18am

some times when i throw for distance i use a underhand vertical style and my rock shoots off to the left. but i corrected this by standing sideways and rotating in the direction i want to shoot.

i have a story (yay Smiley) i was down at the park and a soda bottle came floating down the creek. I was practicing my aiming skills on this tree across from the creek. So i see the bottle and take a few horazontal helecopter shots (thats the style i use for close up aiming) and i cant hit this slow moveing target not once. It seems like the horazontal style does not work well for me when aiming down.
I get a little frustrated and take a shot using the overhand vertical style. I almost hit the darn thing. then the next 10 shots miss and i gave up.  Smiley But dont worry i picked up the bottle and threw it away before leaving. Im no litterbug. Grin

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

britishslinger

slings the handheld arlilery

Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 1:31pm

wow what happened to the car use the same size stone i once misseed my dads head by about t2 foot

listen to old people

IP Logged

TColorSling11
Tiro

ERIE SLINGER

Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2005 at 6:35pm

when i started with the underhand wind up, and just let go really low, i find its easier than overhand or over head...

IP Logged

Raining_stones
Novicius

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #6 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 3:31am

Hey,

Douglas the black , thats the same with me ....helicopter throws for me are good for short distances but at long ranges it sometimes goes a few degrees off to the left or right. It was a pretty isolated incident since ive been slinging there for months and that was the first time anything like this has ever happened. My mum's car is fine ; i just broke a small handle and scratched a tiny bit of the paint.
My sling is about 1 and a half foot long ( cords only).

Thanks again......oh i almost forgot , *tilts hat*.

IP Logged

Raining_stones
Novicius

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #7 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 3:32am

oh wait , i didnt mean to address Douglas there..sorry 'bout that Doug.

IP Logged

the_warrior_yeti
Descens

ARRRRRGH!

Fayetteville, AR, USA
Reply #8 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 3:11pm

Probably the most important thing when practicing accuracy is to be relaxed and have fun. If I'm slinging for a while I start day-dreaming and that's when I start hitting what I'm throwing at. Think like an athlete; don't aim with your sling, just aim at the target and clear your head. Imagine what is going to happen to that rotten stump when the rock smashes into it. And don't try to get powerful either. This will come naturally once you start hitting stuff. Don't think, just sling it!

Really slinging for accuracy ends up feeling just like it does when you throw a rock. If you think about it too hard, and try to aim with your arm, your going to end up way off target. -Devin

IP Logged

the_warrior_yeti
Descens

ARRRRRGH!

Fayetteville, AR, USA
Reply #9 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 3:14pm

P.S.
I shoot mostly over head helicopter style, even when shooting at stuff far out. Try hitting some distant targets when you're not shooting closer in. You might find its easier.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #10 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 3:18pm

My aim is still lousy, my way around it is, I go to a field in the park with a windbreak all around, I stop throwing if someone is in view. And above all, I use bouncy balls, which will not do harm when they do hit. I just hope my aim will improve with time.

I find that the throws with windups are going moderate to bad, the ones without the windups do land together, even if not where I want them to go.

Willeke.

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #11 - Mar 2nd, 2005 at 5:03pm

bouncy balls are not like normal rocks Smiley but are still good to practice with.

haha if you use clay glands if you hit someone throw the evidence in a bucket of water Grin im joking.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Nonkin_Monk
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!     Literaly

Lyman, UT
Reply #12 - Mar 3rd, 2005 at 9:48pm

I am pbrobably not the one to be posting about accuracy. Wink
But as long as i use a small sling ( about 1 foot)  and an under hand release, i can usually get somewhat......close to my target. I even tried to just launch them as high in the air as i can. sometimes i have better luck that way sometimes. 8) Just watch out for the ones that go straight up!

Nonkin_Monk - Tis' a silly name.

IP Logged

Nonkin_Monk
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!     Literaly

Lyman, UT
Reply #13 - Mar 3rd, 2005 at 9:49pm

P.S. especially look out for them bouncy balls. They could get nasty.

Nonkin_Monk - Tis' a silly name.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #14 - Mar 4th, 2005 at 5:00am

I have learned a new thing about accuracy lately. In the over hand throw (Which is what I use under fifty yards) If I pretend I am throwing darts? My shot is much better. That seems to be because at the end of the throw, I bring my hand in front of my face and release like you would a dart. Granted some times I pull to much
and the stone kicks up dirt in the air. but when I do every thing right the stone fly's into the bulls eyes

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Kick, vetryan15, Chris, Curious Aardvark)