SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new from arkansas (Read 1261 times)
Devin Pettigrew

new from arkansas
Feb 10th, 2005 at 12:12pm

I've been slinging for around five years now, starting in highschool, and I'm just now starting to see some signs of accuracy. Also, I make most slings out of deer hide but I just finished one with natural bark cord strings.

I'm really surprised to see some long slings here on the forum. I live in the woods so I guess I've been trying for accuracy more than power. Just to get this straight, shorter slings are less powerful but more accurate than longer ones right? -Devin Pettigrew

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Re: new from arkansas
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 12:46pm

Hi and welcome from the south of Spain, Devin
Yes you are right , shorter slings  supposedly are  less powerful and more accurate, but i think it's just a matter of practise and practise and practise and......  Grin
I've slinging with a short sling this summer (19.5" folded) and two weeks ago i made a longer one (33" folded) and i think i am more accurate with the longer one  Smiley

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

henryblowery
Descens

Raleigh NC
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 1:56pm

hello and wecome i'm with you i would rather have acuracy then power and range some day i would like to beable to take small game with a sling regulerly(and by that i mean i want to hit that rabbit and be able to)

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/thaiche/Henrybloweryssig.jpg[/IMG]
WWW henryblowery  
IP Logged

britishslinger

slings the handheld arlilery

Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 12:46pm

i can use bigger rocks in my short sling with more accuratcy so i think i more powerful than my loger ones just like a slug shotgun v a quick rifle

listen to old people

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 11:59pm

Welcome!

Tell us some slinging stories. I have only been slinging for about a year and a half. It is very addicting. I am hooked on the challenge of getting accurate with the sling also. I mostly use a 25inch sling with leather pouch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, vetryan15, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Chris)