SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Compound Slingshot? (Read 2052 times)
Mark Svetlik

Compound Slingshot?
Feb 10th, 2005 at 12:30am

Has there ever been or any attempts at making a compound slingshot, yes just like a compound bow but smaller. I am constructing one for my Mechanical Design class and would like to get as much info as I can. Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Re: Compound Slingshot?
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 12:41am

not really compound but does have pulleys
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2005 at 11:36am by lobohunter »  
Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 5:19am

it should have a compound bow instead of rubber bands/tube?

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

TColorSling11
Tiro

ERIE SLINGER

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 6:29pm

the point of it peing a slingshot it for it to be a sling shot, not a mini crossbow

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 1:01pm

I've tried to increase slingshot power using forearm support rather than wrist support. (definately that is a must) Then i switched from 2 rubber  tubes #1  to 4 rubbertubes #1,but it found it too hard to pull i wasn't comfort with it, and too many rubber around, then i  increased tube  gauge to #2 and #3 wichfinally i feel it's a good balance between the power it gives and draw comfort/stability.
Next step woud be to advance the  slingshot  fork  in order to use longer rubbertubes at their full draw, as it looks in Lobohunter's pic,  but i don't know how will afect this to stability of the grip, or may be  improoved support is needed (may be an arm support or even a shoulder gun-like stock)
i've designed even side horizontal fork with a bow-like grip and arm support, but it's in paper stage, and i would need to build a prototype to see if it works, but i think it won't worth the effort cause it's more or less the same thing with a different shape.
Also i'm planning a sort of crossbow but using rubberbands instead the bow...  a mis of crossbow and spearfishing gun, slim enough to handle it in the cayak or use it within a lot of bush/trees intended tol fire crossbow-like bolts.
Wat's your idea of a "compound" slingshot?

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Rat Man, vetryan15, Kick, Chris)