Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to the Sling community (Read 1103 times)
Samieldracul
Novicius

I love Slinging.org!

New to the Sling community
Feb 9th, 2005 at 6:20pm

Hello there folks. I've long been curious about slings, and upon finding this message board, decided to drop in and become a part of the community proper.

I'm wondering, is there a link to perhaps a how to on making my own simple sling step by step?

Once I pick up the how, I plan to contribute as well, and share pictures and whatnot.

My interest in slings, by the way, stemmed from history class when we learned about them being used all over the world.

It's stayed with me ever since.

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Re: New to the Sling community
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 6:53pm

Welcome!!

It is the best site on slings going. I found it a month or so after it first started.

Go to the "Articles" section and you will find several step by step methods with pictures. Choose the one that looks easy to you and make one. If you have any questions we can help.

I used the method called "20 steps to a Sling" by Jeff H
It is a rather simple type braid. There are links to show you how to do the "round braid"

Keep us posted.

David T

IP Logged

Samieldracul
Novicius

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 8:36pm

Quote:
Welcome!!

It is the best site on slings going. I found it a month or so after it first started.

Go to the "Articles" section and you will find several step by step methods with pictures. Choose the one that looks easy to you and make one. If you have any questions we can help.

I used the method called "20 steps to a Sling" by Jeff H
It is a rather simple type braid. There are links to show you how to do the "round braid"

Keep us posted.

David T

Thanks for the warm welcome. I live in Mount Clemens, Michigan btw. I'm gonna start with the simple guide to making a sling, and work my way up.

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 9:23pm

Another Yankee Grin

I grew up in Howell, MI and moved from Royal Oak to South Carolina about 16 years ago. I got my parents to move here but my wife's parents are still in Howell. Not too nice of slinging weather up there now?

There are several videos in the "Articles" section showing different slinging styles. It's fun to see how others sling.

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 5:16am

Hi from the south of Spain and welcome Samieldracul  Smiley

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Chris)