Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tracking Projectiles (Read 777 times)
Joe Bush
Novicius

Easley SC
Tracking Projectiles
Dec 4th, 2004 at 10:18am

I have been reading the post by KNollslinger and the like on the difficulty of recovering long range projectiles.  I was visiting my mom in OH over thanksgiving and went up to Dundee MI to Cabellas.  I found these little flashlights that were on clearance for like 6 dollars.  they are LED and have 5 different modes two of which are blinking.  They are about the same size as a sling glande and I was thinking if you could add enought weight to it and it would survive the flight and impact you could recover it fairly effectively, especially at dusk.  The flasklights are really cool and I only got two of them so I cant throw mine but it may be the step off for some good trackable sling ammo.  Build a small solid state light beacon and make it heavy.  You could even make it so it would turn on on impact.  Or better yet a very small radio transmitter.  Wow sorry my mind just ran away on me.  I might have to build a little LED beacon though.

Joe

IP Logged

britishslinger

slings the handheld arlilery

Re: Tracking Projectiles
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2004 at 11:24am

i wanted to put a camera on my dogs collers so i can find out were they are when thay run away

listen to old people

IP Logged

KnollSlinger

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger

Chandler, Arizona, USA
Re: Tracking Projectiles
Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2004 at 7:04pm

I think perhaps just throw at a house as you approach it till you hit it.  THen mark the spot.  RUn like crazy and comeback someother time to measure?

No.. that is bad.

Do same with a billboard?

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger&&Who can beat me?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Kick, Morphy, vetryan15)