Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The big sling (Read 1094 times)
Mike_R
Funditor

The big sling
Nov 16th, 2004 at 6:12pm

How big a sling can a person use? I read somewhere that in africa guys would stand on a platform with a really long sling and a guy on the ground would load it and get it started. I've been trying this with mixed results, i've also been starting with a short sling then getting it started and playing the line out as i go. I tie the one end round my wrist, hold the knot then ball up the lines and hold then in my fist. Then once spinning i let them out a bit at a time. Kinda works, kinda sucks.

What I was thinking was you could get a really long sling with tough static cord for lines, with a huge pouch, put a brick in it or a football full of cement, them whirl yourself around like the hammer throw. I tryed but I got dizzy and released at the wrong time and the brick went flying in the wrong direction.

IP Logged

Shaun
Tiro

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Pleasant Hope, Mo
Re: The big sling
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2004 at 6:22pm

There was a similar thread on the forum not too long ago, I think it was called "Mega slings"

<?php&& $id = $_GET[

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Re: The big sling
Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2004 at 8:23am

In the articles section chris has a article on his 9 foot sling. Check it out it might help.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Morphy)