Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Horizontal techniques. (Read 1621 times)
Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Horizontal techniques.
Nov 16th, 2004 at 5:43am

Can you guys help me? I am having trouble getting any succesful throws off using horizontal techniques like the classic helicoptor throws. Can you give me a run down on a few of them, noting such things as the direction the sling spins, whether you whip the release or just let it fly out, that kinda stuff.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

henryblowery
Descens

Raleigh NC
Re: Horizontal techniques.
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2004 at 9:14am

i would just use a vertical wind up like the over hand or under hand

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/thaiche/Henrybloweryssig.jpg[/IMG]
WWW henryblowery  
IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2004 at 10:09am

Matt,

No matter whether you use the horizontal or vertical technique or other, in order to get a good shot you need the final whip (stroke). If you only let the stone go, you don't get good power and accuracy.

Jurek

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2004 at 10:46am

The solution is basically what Yurek said - you can have a very slow build up, but for the last little bit, speed up greatly to give a massive whip to the stone.  Try it - but try it first with a regular under-arm release and do it somewhere with no one around.  You might be surprised.  Maybe you already do this, and you are not learning anything.  In which case, can't help beyond that, sorry.

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2004 at 12:21pm

I whip all my shots, I thought this is what was stopping me from releasing a stone nicely, but today I went out and tried horizontal technique, starting like underhand then over the head, ending with a hardwhip to the side, it worked very well. I think that horizontal just might be the "ultimate" way of casting a stone. To me it seems more like throwing rather then slinging a projectile.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Shaun
Tiro

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Pleasant Hope, Mo
Reply #5 - Nov 16th, 2004 at 6:05pm

I've always used the helicopter swing. And the snap at the end really does help. You could be doing it right and just need practice, I was really horrible the first time I tried the vertical swing (broke a car windshield Undecided) but I don't really have any useful advice beyond that.

<?php&& $id = $_GET[

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, vetryan15, Chris, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Kick, joe_meadmaker)