Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sling & Sling Article Swap Proposal (Read 4699 times)
SnapCut

USA
Sling & Sling Article Swap Proposal
Oct 28th, 2004 at 9:39am

I just finished making another
WHIRLING HURLER
and I'm willing to give it up in exchange for an Article (with photos) written about it and posted here at this website by one of you. 

I would like the Article to be mainly about
THE WHIRLING HURLERS'
performance through things like its accuracy at different distances with certain slinging styles and how it compares to some other sling or slings. 

HONESTY IS PARAMOUNT and don't be afraid to give your opinions.

This
WHIRLING HURLER
has a finger loop.

If you are interested in this proposal and would like to do it let me know by putting a post here.  Then the next time I get on the computer I'll select someone and contact him or her (maybe with a Private Message on this site if an Email address is unavailable) to get the address to mail it to.

YOU MUST BE A SLING USER

A SLING IS SO MANY WONDERFUL THINGS

IP Logged

WildAtHeart
Descens

woo hoo

Atlanta GA
Re: Sling & Sling Article Swap Proposal
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2004 at 11:48am

SnapCut,

I am interested in reviewing your whirling hurler. At the moment I have 3 slings of different lengths I have made and use a couple of styles, but mainly David T's overhand Greek style. I would love to try out your sling and write about my experiences. However, I must confess that I am a college student with alot on my plate so I cannot guarantee that my review will be written within a week or anything Smiley
But I do have a few friends that go slinging with me about once a week, so I can see how they enjoy it and how it works for beginners.

WWW wormscout13  
IP Logged

KnollSlinger

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger

Chandler, Arizona, USA
Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2004 at 7:36pm

Let's see how many sheets of plywood it can penetrate with a four ounce bullet?

Lend it to me but for a moment.

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger&&Who can beat me?

IP Logged

Almulek
Tiro

Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2004 at 2:55am

What is a hurling whirler?  How come I've never heard of one before? Is this something new?  Is it your creation?

Ben C.

IP Logged

SnapCut

USA
Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 8:38am

Quote:
What is a hurling whirler?  How come I've never heard of one before? Is this something new?  Is it your creation?

Ben C.

The Whirling Hurler (not hurling whirler) is a sling design that I came up with and have been making.  So far I have been making them out of #18 nylon.  The cords are 8 strand square sinnet with a 2 strand core and the cradle is a split Andean style.  If you go further back in this forum you can see posts of mine with photos of it.  You can also see photos of it in the photo Gallery.

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 8:49am

I would be interested in helping you with an article. Do we get to keep the sling at the end?  Wink

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

SnapCut

USA
Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 9:41am

Quote:
I would be interested in helping you with an article. Do we get to keep the sling at the end?  Wink

Yes that is the deal the sling for an article writen about it.

IP Logged

SnapCut

USA
Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 9:58am

THANKS EVERYONE WHO WAS INTERESTED
  Wink

I have just selected WildAtHeart and sent him a PM about sending me an address to send the sing to.

I am going really going to be looking forward to reading his article as I hope most of you will Grin

I have 2 other sling designs that are almost done so I might try this again or if it works out good with WildAtHeart and he feels like it I might go with that.

Thanks again everyone and keep a look out for WildAtHearts' article I know that I will Wink

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 1:55pm

I might make a woven sling for someone to try out.  Of course, that person would have to be willing to give their address, or some sort of contact, to a 16 year old anarchist.

IP Logged

SnapCut

USA
Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 2:20pm

Quote:
I might make a woven sling for someone to try out.  Of course, that person would have to be willing to give their address, or some sort of contact, to a 16 year old anarchist.

I wish you luck.  I would offer but so far I'm much more of a designer and maker then user.  I really have to get out more and do more slinging.  What little slinging I do do from what I understand is very good (see how talking about how good ones self is sounds  Tongue it is better to have whitnesses.  I think the same thing goes for what you make).

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 2:23pm

Yeah, I agree.  I just made three new woven slings, gave one away (the crappiest one).  I want to keep these slings.  I might make another to pass on to someone then.  Any takers for this?

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 5:18pm

I would, but if they're woven slings with split pouches, I probably won't use them very often.  They'd have to be 2 ft. or better, too.  My skills with a short split-pouch are laughable. Wink

solobo88  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #12 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 7:59am

Heck, I'd be willing to try any sling, for anybody, both to review it and for the joy of seeing/using a new design. I only know basic braiding and weaving so my own designs are rather limited.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 1:44pm

A split pouch, I find, is no different from a regular pouch sling.  Notice, that most major slinging societies use(d) split pouches.  If you want to accept a sling, I'll weave a solid pouch if you like.
  Quote:
I only know basic braiding and weaving so my own designs are rather limited.
Well, a balearic style sling is very simple, but they look nice and handle well.  It is probably easy to make them badly.  So simplicity or knowledge of only one small area is not a bad thing.

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 3:16pm

the reason I don't like split pouches is mainly because of the variety of rock sizes I use: anything I can find.  With a split pouch I've had a lot of trouble with rocks falling through or out, etc.  Though it may just be my prejudice against short sling, since the only split pouch I have is very short.  I'll try one out for you, English.  How do you want to work out the shipping?

solobo88  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Kick, vetryan15, Chris, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker)