Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
PICTURES help (Read 5846 times)
solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Re: PICTURES help
Reply #15 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 10:47am

Neat stuff, english.  About how big are the throwing sticks? 
For some reason my comp shows all the pictures exept your slinging place.  Dangit. Angry

solobo88  
IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #16 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 10:49am

Never mind.  Now it's decided to show the last picture. Wink

solobo88  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 11:56am

Jolly good solobo.
 When I next have an opportunity to use the camera, there will be pictures of bows &c.  And the macuahuitl.  There are three pictures of atlatls there already, but not darts yet..  What I want to do is do a step by step of bowmaking, from finding the tree, splitting the wood, &c.  You will also be able to see some real English countryside.  I will also take photos of the larger stuff, which is kept outdoors rather than in; the main reason I didn't take photos before is because I had a limited amount of time, it was raining heavily, and I was taking photos in a confined space unsuitable for showing bows.  But I will show pictures, believe me.  Your comment is viable and valid, and I accept that these photos are hardly wonderful. Sorry about that Tech, I know you wanted the larger stuff.  I probably won't be able to show pictures of me holding bows &c, because I would naturally be working alone.  I will try to find an accomplice, but I am not sure who at the moment.
 How big are the throwing sticks?  Well, I haven't actually measured the length or width properly (with a ruler) but I can say that they are both about the length from elbow to the end of the index finger.  The yew throwing stick is about the same length.  The two throwing sticks shown are only finger width at the widest, whereas the yew throwing stick is finger width at the handle, getting thicker and thicker until the slightly bulbous end.

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #18 - Oct 8th, 2004 at 6:49pm

I'm SO excited! 
I have a question for techstuff and  whatever other camera gurus there are out there.  I saw a webcam at the store for like, $50, and I was wondering how useful one of those would be for taking pictures and posting them etc. and if there's anywhere I could get them cheaper and what kind is fairly reliable, etc.  Thanks!

solobo88  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Rat Man)