Send Topic Print
throwing axe hunting (Read 4897 times)
Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
throwing axe hunting
Sep 22nd, 2004 at 8:05pm

I hear that you can hunt with a throwing axe. That sounds cool and very fun. But is it hard? My friend (the one who made me the mace Smiley) says that he used to when he was younger but he no longer does.

I am getting the cold steel bad axe and would like to use it to hunt but i dont want to throw it them lose it  Smileyhaha that would suck

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Joefish
Novicius

Florida
Re: throwing axe hunting
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2004 at 9:28pm

yeah thats a cool idea. i bet we all have tried throwing a hatchet once or twice before. it will be good to learn how to do it right and get to to work too! a good link i found is http://www.inquiry.net/outdoor/skills/beard/throw_tomahawk.htm be sure to check out fig 236 and the next page for some info on a whole scoring system. http://members.aye.net/~bspen/tomahawk.html has a very good how to throw article. it looks not very different from a slinging stance. but anyways good luck let us know how it turns out

Jchip13  
IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2004 at 9:13am

The way we're going, pretty soon we'll be trying to figure out how to strangle our prey with our bare hands.   Wink

solobo88  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2004 at 12:07pm

My uncle beat a deer in the head with a rock and killed it. The story goes that a guy wanted my uncle to help find a wounded deer for him. He said he would and went looking for the deer. He was walking a long saw the deer behind a tree and picked up a rock. He jumped the deer hit it in the head with the rock a coupe time, and it died. He brought the deer back to the guy looking for his wounded deer. The guy looked over the deer and said that it wasn't his.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2004 at 2:11pm

Nice. Wink

solobo88  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #5 - Sep 25th, 2004 at 2:20pm

solo is it that bad that we have a intrest in weaponry and history and hunting? Would you argue with someone who could jump out and kill a deer with a rock?

haha im just messing with you but in truth we might be nerds but boy most of us are bad asses ha ha ha.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #6 - Sep 25th, 2004 at 2:20pm

oh yes thanks for the links

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #7 - Sep 27th, 2004 at 10:51am

Ha ha, I just have to tease everyone, including myself.  I think it's built into me. Wink

solobo88  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black

Reply #8 - Sep 27th, 2004 at 7:28pm

haha me too.  Grin

i make lots of people at school mad when i talk to them.
thay say i am a "smart ass" haha am i a smart ass?

(by the way i have never sat down without my ass so it must be smart) hahaha

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Rat Man)