Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
We are nerds. (Read 18518 times)
english
Ex Member

Re: We are nerds.
Reply #75 - Oct 31st, 2004 at 6:13am

Yeah, but here's the thing:  It is difficult to be good, you don't earn much money, you get very stressed very often, and you have to deal with a lot of heavy criticism.  Not a fantastic job when examined.  Like most jobs.

IP Logged

Matt

Reply #76 - Oct 31st, 2004 at 10:39am

Hey.
English, I like Blink 182 - but I don't do it because lots of other people like it, and I don't try and pretend I'm a punk or necessarily consider Blink 182 to be punk music Tongue. I just listen to them because their music sounds good IMO.
Smiley
I don't know if I'd be considered a geek. What defines one, exactly?
Have fun,
Matt

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Oct 31st, 2004 at 2:17pm

Alright already.  I like some Blink.  Only old skool stuff though, nothing new, like that piece of s**t "I miss you."  Although the video is good.
  I don't think you can really define a geek.  I guess you just know if you, or someone else, is a geek.

IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #78 - Oct 31st, 2004 at 10:34pm

Okay, well, it seems to be pretty hard to define nerdness or the state of being a nerd. So it all seems to be pretty subjective. But, if indeed I am considered a nerd (and for all intents and purposes, let us say that I am) I would like to be known by my proper nerd title (not Lord Figsby, High Commander of the Known Universes and Encompassing Dimensions of Insanity) but as Jack, Heavily Armoured Nerd and One Man Walking Armoury. Then again, there aren't many people willing to call a 1.8 metre tall, 100 kilogram (6 feet, 230 pound) man with a full complement of weapons including 2 swords, 2 bows, 3 atlatls, a cubic arseload of darts and arrows, 2 slings, and numerous knives anything even RESEMBLING "a nerd"

IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #79 - Nov 1st, 2004 at 10:17am

The word "nerd" can be traced to the expression "ne'er do well" which is an old term for what we call "loser". I doubt if any of us never does well at anything - we can all find something that we succeed in.

No, geek, wonk, maybe... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #80 - Nov 1st, 2004 at 10:59am

My weapons list!:
1 tai chi sword, 1 bo, 1 bow, 6 arrows, a horrendous amount of wooden darts, 14 steel darts, too many nunchaku then I am comfortable to admit, any knife I care to lay my hands on, a few braided slings, 2 pocketed slings, one "thumbknuckle"(padlock on a chain), one chain, various other tidbits.
My collection has suffered since my move to Belgium, I had to leave most of my staves behind and my butterfly knife (I wouldn't want to be caught in customs with it).

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #81 - Nov 1st, 2004 at 2:36pm

Damn straight.  I tend not to be called a nerd anyway.  I have large arm muscles from pressure flaking and slinging, as well as archery with high poundage bows, and people with big biceps tend not to get called nerds much.  But I put it down, naturally, to my resounding coolness.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #82 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 5:27pm

haha well my list is bigger but verry little of it is hand made.  Cry
2 warhammers
2 slings
3 staff slings
1 halbred
1 boar spear (never been boar hunting but i can hit a rabit with one
5 atlatl (all of different make and model)
8 macheties (when i wear one down i cant throw them away)
3 axes
1 hand made baby sitting mace
1 beloved gross messer sword
1 helm made by the guy i baby sit for
1 chain mail hubrick (also much loved)
??? ???
oddels of knifes
Oh yes and 3 hand made bows. all of wich are crap Grin

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #83 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 5:32pm

1 dog (whom is my best friend)
1 throwing axe
and a pear tree. no patrage thou. darn bird. eating my pears.  Angry

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Reply #84 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 8:21pm

lol that was funny and i know what you mean by stupid birds always eating pears Angry i never did get a pear from that tree then the stupid people cut it down arg o well i still got plenty of swords and knifes and ninja hand claws i actualy dont know what i am if i am not a nerd

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #85 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 5:57am

My family thinks I am a nerd, I spend most of my time practicing archiac forms of warfare and writing long articles seemingly pointlessly (I mean, what's the point in writing if it isn't a job).
But I can run faster, do 500 sit ups quicker, and lift more weight, take more pain, then any of them can.

IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Reply #86 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 7:14am

lol i can take more pain then all my friends thats why they are all scared to fight me with thin bamboo sticks so i let them sit there with sticks and pizza boxs and try to beat me up but in the end i had 2 pizza boxes in my 1 hand and a stick in the other and they were on the ground. lol i just read over this and now i know why they run from me i would run from me lol

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #87 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 8:02am

But still, if the proverbial poop were ever to hit the fan, I think there would be a Matt shaped hole in the nearest wall, and the sound of running.

IP Logged

knight

blargh~

Philadelphia
Reply #88 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 8:34am

lol

...&&&&
xrpgknightx xrpgknightx  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #89 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 1:23pm

Fight with words, people.
Matt_C, I am fairly sure I can do all of those things better and faster than anyone else in my family.  But considering they are all basically boring, middle class, suburbanites, (well, what I mean is, they have the physique of such people.  My mum is a bit of a protester.  She protested against Xiang Ze Min when he came to England, and should Bush visit, I feel sure she would go and protest.  Come to think, I'll tag along.), it's not big deal.  I mean, I'm nearing the peak of my life, realistically speaking.  They are past it.  Or too young.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini)