Send Topic Print
We are nerds. (Read 18406 times)
Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Re: We are nerds.
Reply #15 - Sep 24th, 2004 at 12:41pm

Yeah.....LOL.....good one Hobb!

If I'm a nerd.....nobody ever told me.....guess it's because they never had the 'stones' to tell me to my face.....cause I already controlled the stone supply in my area.

Actually,  where I grew up,  I was a nerd by association.  I was sort of the 'Robin Hood' of nerds.  Although I didn't hang around them alot....I had a few friends that were quintessential nerds and I guess I used them as excuses to fight a bit in my high school days.  If I saw one get picked on.....usually even in the slightest.....I embarrassed the hell out of somebody.

That 'stick up for the little guy' syndrome ran deep in my veins....always has.

Too bad that chivalrous nature never stayed with me as now I eat nerds for breakfast.  And my oldest boy too.....He's twelve and I guess He got me started.   Crunchy little bastards.....those nerds.

The candy......not the actual effeminate geeks themselves.

Maybe the reason I stuck up for the geeks in my home town is that I subconsciously aspired to be one......My kids are fond of reminding me daily of my current status as a major nerd.

Peace,

TS out

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #16 - Sep 24th, 2004 at 1:55pm

We have banded together!  We have collected a vast assortment of deadly weapons!  Anyone who calls us nerds must face sling, knife, sword, atlatl, war hammer, mace, flail, pole axe, (bad axe) bow and arrow, cestrophedon, spear, and whatever elso our collective mind concocts to throw their way!  Beware, world, for we are one in our nerdiness!

solobo88  
IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #17 - Sep 24th, 2004 at 2:06pm

I was called a nerd occasionally in middle school, and I suppose with pretty good reason. But nobody ever really picked up me. Rarely, but when it came down to it, fighting like a truly animalistic bastard can win a lot of respect. I once snapped off a pine branch as big around as my arm from a nearby tree during a fight and started roaring as I swung it at the peoples' heads. (yes, plural people, about 5 of them) During high school, one guy tried to prove himself, but I punched him at the base of the neck and he crumpled. Should have hit his car with an atlatl dart...
WE ARE BUT NERDS! ROCK!

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #18 - Sep 24th, 2004 at 3:31pm

actuly if there are catagory's like that I have alway's been a jock both high school and college. but if i remember properly in revenge of the nerds there was a football player. I must admit i do resemble ogre to some exstent lol

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Sep 24th, 2004 at 3:32pm

Quote:
but I punched him at the base of the neck and he crumpled.
  My Tai Chi master was telling us about how a person died in his class when sparring got out of control and someone punched someone else in the neck by accident.  This caused severe swelling of the windpipe and so the person could not, in fact, breathe.  Don't ever punch anyone in the neck.  Unless you WANT to kill them.
And sweets at breakfast are bad for you.
CheesyJust want all you nerds out there to be SAFE nerds.

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #20 - Sep 24th, 2004 at 3:40pm

Well that's weird......over breakfast today....MY TaiChiChuan master was telling ME that sweets for breakfast were just fine....and that puching people in the neck was appropriate nerd behavior.

Just WHO is your taichi master anyway?

I want his name....cuz MY TaiChiChuan master wants to punch him in the neck and eat his delectably sweet, crunchy nerd shell for breakfast.

Seriously though....does your TaiChi master have name....I have relatives in the UK that might benefit from the stress reduction benefits of TaiChiChuan.   If you don't wish to share his name......we'll understand, I'm sure.  8)

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #21 - Sep 24th, 2004 at 7:30pm

Yeah, don't go punching throats.  Broken cartilage, law suits, damaged jugular veins... these are things we DONT want. 
You must be one of the dangerous nerds. Wink

solobo88  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 25th, 2004 at 5:06am

What on earth are you on about, Tech?  Actually, don't answer that.  No doubt it will be equally nonsensical.

IP Logged

S_ALLEN
Descens

N.Y.
Reply #23 - Sep 25th, 2004 at 7:40am

I like to think of myself as a cyber barbarian. Cheesy

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #24 - Sep 25th, 2004 at 1:16pm

That's a good way of putting it.  Or maybe a high-tech/primitive warrior typer.

solobo88  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #25 - Sep 25th, 2004 at 2:49pm

oh yes killing is bad. Never do that. Life just sucks once you hurt and or kill someone. You lose every thing and are thrown in jail. Bad bad.

Yes people stoped talking for a while after i got mad at something cant rember why but i took my warhammer and beat the crap out of every thing i could find.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

MammotHunter

Reply #26 - Sep 25th, 2004 at 3:48pm

I thought that may be misunderstood. See, I punched the guy in the back of the neck, where the cervical verts meet the dorsal vertebrae. If you reach around at the base of your neck, you'll feel a little lump back there. I aimed for that and hammer-fisted him. I wouldn't punch anyone in the throat unless I wanted to kill them. The back of the neck will just stun them "real good."

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #27 - Sep 25th, 2004 at 8:59pm

Nonsense, English?    One whose parents whisk him off to Sweden...Africa....wherever else....(forgive me if I missed a few).....can afford your TaiChi lessons.....and yet cannot afford a camera....even a disposable camera to provide just a few pictures of ,what must be by now, a vast personal arsenal of primitive weaponry..........and you say I am being 'nonsensical' ?

My twelve year old owns a VHS movie called the 'Never ending story'.......It's quite entertaining.....

You kind of remind me of it's lead character......not that there is anything wrong with that.....just that one eventually should grow out of the 'fantasy' phase.

A solid picture of you with your personal 'armory' would of course,  prompt me to 'go a slinging' for the nearest Crow to eat......

But seeing as repeated request has been made by myself and others for a few simple pictures to support even a modicum of the claims you have made thus far have gone unanswered, while you continue adding to your already 'accomplished' list of personally hand crafted primitive weapons.......

Rest at ease....as you will see no more requests of me to 'put up or shut up' so to speak,.......and I will drop the matter thusly:

« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2004 at 10:12pm by Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua »  

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #28 - Sep 25th, 2004 at 11:06pm

the gauntlet has been thrown.

solobo88  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Sep 26th, 2004 at 3:38am

.... and it shall be taken up.
Actually, Tech, I have never been to Africa.  Nor Sweden, in fact.  A lot of countries, to be sure, but not those ones.
  That is one nice picture, Tech.  But you're still a bastard.
  My parents can in fact afford a digital camera - I can't, however.  My dad has a digital camera, but he does not approve of, well, most of my hobbies - being a punk, shooting arrows, carving wood on the patio, that kind of thing - because he works for a multi-national corporation, and is therefore not anarchaic nor primitive.  So, I can ask his permission if you like, but I feel sure he'd say no.  Ah, wait - my uncle has a number of digital cameras.  I am visiting him today.  I will ask if one of said cameras may be borrowed.  Would that suffice?  Or perhaps would it not be high-tech enough?  Would you prefer it if I took a video cover and superimposed you being a bastard onto it?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Chris, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Rat Man)