Send Topic Print
Nunchaku (Read 5078 times)
Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Re: Nunchaku
Reply #15 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 5:52am

I got a pair of moulded heavy rubber nunchaku, they are heavy as heck and hit like a ballbearing filled cosh. For my nunchaku I prefer a 1 cm thick extremely tightly wound nylon chord, attached by 4 nails to the inside of the nunchaku, hard to replace the chord maybe...but I can get an 8 foot length of pine or oak for not that much.
Being hit by a bokken hurts enough, never-mind an unsharpened steel blade. Swords are more blunt force then finesse in terms of hitting another person  (okay, there are some exceptions, but the vast majority). If it came to it, I'd prefer using a single nunchaku to two against another person in every situation, it just seems more versatile. A fun thing to try and do with two nunchaku is a thigh return turning into a wrist roll, if you do it right it looks insane.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #16 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 6:25pm

personaly my weapon of choice would be the shot gun at point blank. but in any other cercumstance i would rather have a spear. nice reach to it. I like my cold steel boar spear you can slash with it. its nice.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #17 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 6:27pm

Oh yes speaking of chain weapons i saw a movie with some guy. he had a pole flail. It was a staff, 6 foot long with a 4 foot chain and a nasty spiked ball on the end. I dont know how effective it would be but it looked cool.

is that i real weapon i wonder?

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Reply #18 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 11:13am

Quote:
A fun thing to try and do with two nunchaku is a thigh return turning into a wrist roll, if you do it right it looks insane.

Wrist rolls make everything look cooler!  Do you know the heaven six patterm from escrima/kali/silat?  Try that with chucks.  Looks like an explosion of wood!

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #19 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 1:53pm

I think I know what you mean, and I've done it, but doing a wristroll as a return from catching the chain on a body part can be very tricky, so can passing one chuck to a hand on the other side of your body behind your back, then flipping it between the two Cheesy Very hard to co-orindate properly.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #20 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 7:49am

I can barley READ it properly

i always end up smacking my sack with chucks. So i gave up in the hopes of someday having children.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Reply #21 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 2:56pm

I once asked a Kung Fu master if he could teach me the three-sectional staff -- the condescending *&%# laughed at me.  My response was to get my hands on one and give it a whirl (pun intended, sorry).  I promptly his myself in the head.  Luckily, this happened at Tae Kwon Do practice, so I threw on my headgear and mouthpiece, pulled my shinguards up over my knees, slipped an old pair of shinguards over my elbows, and went to town.  Note:  I was already wearing a cup.  Now, with no instruction whatsoever, I can actually twirl the thing pretty good.  I'm sure formal training would improve my technique, but there's nothing you can't learn if you've got determination...  and the appropriate protective equipment.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #22 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 7:48pm

well it always sucks when your showing off, and then you hit your self Smiley

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)