anchor cord (Read 860 times)
WildAtHeart
Descens

woo hoo

Atlanta GA
anchor cord
Aug 7th, 2004 at 7:20pm

Hey guys,

I'll define my terms first. The anchor cord is the string that connects to a finger and doesn't go anywhere. The release cord is pinched with the thumb and released.

Personally I always have my anchor cord around my middle finger, and then laying across my index finger (palm upwards). I then pinch the knot on my release cord with it right next the the anchor cord.

However, I have seen it done differently, with the anchor cord dropping right from the dorsal side of the middle finger down to the pouch. Does this method help at all?

WWW wormscout13  
IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Re: anchor cord
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2004 at 8:39am

If you want to pitch point-first-rifle-spin glandes the loop has to go on the dorsal side if the middle or even ring finger, ....I use the ring finger.    This way you get some control over the orientation of the pocket at the time of release.   

archeorob took some high-speed stop-action photos recently that show this clearly & these photos should be hitting the site soon. 

mgreenfield

IP Logged

WildAtHeart
Descens

woo hoo

Atlanta GA
Re: anchor cord
Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2004 at 1:32pm

That makes really good sense. Thanks for the reply! I'm gonna have to try that out this afternoon.

WWW wormscout13  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Chris, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Rat Man)