Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm appalled, simply appalled... (Read 2129 times)
Semi Azas

I'm appalled, simply appalled...
Aug 4th, 2004 at 5:16am

...that I didn't think to type "slinging.org" into the address bar before I started my google search.

But, who would have thought?

So, it all started some months ago while reading a Steven Pressfield novel. I was about halfway through the book, and the image of egyptian slingers just kept returning into the forefront of my brain. I mean, I'd page through whole chapters only to come to the end and realize I'd no idea what I'd just read. I was too busy fantasizing about pelting angry greeks in the head with bulbous slingstones.

This preternatural obsession quickly bled over into my work and social-life, too. "What's that, honey? What'd you say? Sling who in the head with what?" Yeah, I found myself saying things frighteningly akin to that, and far too often.

And work? How'd you like to be flipping through a patient's chart and happen upon an assessment like:

"Awake, alert, oriented (x3). Lungs are clear to auscultation bilaterally. Abdomen soft, distended, possibly pelted with slingstones. Bowel sounds are present to four quadrants. No pressure wave is palpable. Die, heathen Greek dog, DIE! Slings are 2+ bilaterally. Pharynx 1+injected. There are no exudates..."

You get the picture.

Yes, rationally minded people usually do seek professional counselling at times like these. NOT ME! I chose to hold counsel with the internet, and now I'm here.

And GOD almighty, along with his tabernacle of electronic angels that are responsible for what I like to call "THE INTERNET," have decided to teach me (oh, humble me, unworthy me) exactly how to make...

...hold on, I'm getting a little weepy here...

...MY VERY OWN SLING!!!!!!!

Ah, sweet, sweet friggen joy.

As soon as I get that dirty macrame gig down (it'll be lots easier as soon as I can stop giggling insanely), all filthy heathen Pelopenessians will have true cause to fear.

Mark my words.

And, oh...thanks and hi, too.

-semi

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Re: I'm appalled, simply appalled...
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2004 at 5:30am

Welcome,

You need to talk to "Techstuff"! Grin Grin

He too often gets carried away in verbous? wordage that makes one wonder? Just kidding Techstuff. Sometimes it just goes a bit over my pea brain Shocked

IP Logged

rob

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2004 at 6:45am

welcome, have fun!

btw, which Pressfield book was that?

&&"...with slings of twisted wool from which they showered their missiles to break the ranks of the Trojans."

IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2004 at 7:07am

I've read, "Gates of Fire" and really like the battle scenes. "Tides of War" was a piece of trash, I hated it....

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2004 at 9:22am

Welcome to the forum Semi,  and BTW,  Thanks alot Dave!  I got winded just reading that superfluous diatribe!  I couldn't hold a candle to Semi even if I tried.  His loquacious linguistic gymnastics far surpass mine, methinks........but in an entertaining way.

Welcome again to the forum Semi and keep 'em whizzin!

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2004 at 1:06pm

Grin That is exactly what I was thinking too David. Thought for a second that maybe good ol' Techy had logged in as a guest and was playing a little joke on us!

Welcome to the group Semi!

Matthias

IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2004 at 1:08pm

Welcome aboard!  And may I say, what a way to make an entrance!

IP Logged

Justin Ball

Reply #7 - Aug 4th, 2004 at 5:26pm

Welcome! A GP, eh? Now maybe we can get some real medical knowledge on what a well launched stone will do to the human body!

Justin

IP Logged

WalkingBird
Descens

Slinger of stones

Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2004 at 10:04pm

Semi Azas

A warm welcome to the forum.

WalkingBird, who was also suprised to find this magical place.

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 20th, 2004 at 4:21pm

Wow, I'd hate it if my doctor was thinking about slinging me in the head, or indeed anywhere else, whilst checking my notes.  But I guess it doesn't matter if I die because... it's another convert to the way of slinging.
  And, it seems, another rambling speaker.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, vetryan15, Rat Man, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Chris)