Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slinging in the Bahamas (Read 2044 times)
WildAtHeart
Descens

woo hoo

Atlanta GA
Slinging in the Bahamas
Jun 26th, 2004 at 12:08pm

Hey guys,

I just recently spent a wonderful two weeks in the Bahamas with my cousin and some of the family. Now, this was not a tourist-ey vacation. My cousin and I spent alot of our time fishing and spearfishing and playing with slings. In fact, we fashioned a staff sling for him. Unfortunately the only rocks around were not dense, however they were plentiful. Once he gets home I'm going to get the pictures off his camera of us slinging and stuff and share them with you all.

WWW wormscout13  
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Re: Slinging in the Bahamas
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2004 at 12:13pm

Wow.  Cool.  Sounds like my kind of holiday.  My kind of life in fact.

IP Logged

Jandro
Tiro

Slinghetto of Da Sun

Dominican Republic
Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2004 at 3:50pm

Hey, nice, this sounds really cool, and that's the same thing I was thinking to do if I go for vacations, but I wouldn't fish because I don't like it, but I'd sling everyday.

Jandro A.K.A. Ra

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2004 at 4:06am

Don't like fishing?  Not even spearfishing?   The area where I live has very good fishing, eels and trout are popular.  In fact, recently, George Bush senior came to Sparsholt, near where I live, with an entourage to go fishing on holiday.  As did Jimmy Carter, once, I think.

IP Logged

rob

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2004 at 6:25am

sounds like a good vacation.

the wife and i are going to Cozumel next winter.......slinging at the Mayan ruins..... Smiley

&&"...with slings of twisted wool from which they showered their missiles to break the ranks of the Trojans."

IP Logged

Mithras

Slinging beach pebbles
off the Yorkshire coast

East Yorkshire, England
Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2004 at 11:24am

Quote:
Don't like fishing?  Not even spearfishing?  

I wouldn't mind having a go at spear-fishing. But of course I'd eat what I caught. I'm not into this 'kill stuff for fun' thing. Like you, english, I look to a world where you get by with the resources at hand.

They shrink for fear, abated of their rage,&&Nor longer dare in a blind fight engage;&&Contented now to gall them from below&&With darts and slings, and with the distant bow.&&&&Aeneid 9.503&&
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2004 at 1:02pm

All natural, fished-yourself, brown trout fresh from the river is a treat.  I know a man who does "fish-tickling", that is, simply plucking the fish out of the water, using your own bare hands.  It is, however, illegal.  Requires skill.
I found a website about two guys who went on a canoe holiday in the caribbean, trying to find out about indigenous societies.  Paddled 8000 miles.  Documented some interesting stuff, too; I found out how to climb coconut trees for the immature coconuts at the top.  Looks lovely, the whole area.  I have been to Florida a couple of times, NEVER to Disneyworld, to the west coast, around St Petersburg.  The pictures kinda remind me of the palms around there.

IP Logged

goblin
Tiro

i sling like the best
of them!

canada
Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2004 at 1:45pm

sounds fun. i hope to see them sometime.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Morphy, Kick, Rat Man)