Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what i learned today... (Read 933 times)
rob

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

what i learned today...
Jun 12th, 2004 at 12:39pm

-i need to braid a lighter sling. i brought my Burdine and it prefers extra large egg sized ammo.

-it takes about an hour and a half for me to get a blister in my index finger from releasing.

-i throw best with a deep backswing and one full underhand rotation at 45 deg. .

-i can 'hear' when the ammo is too light. the sling makes a 'thpthpthpt' sound on release.

-if i stop trying to throw too hard i can hit a 6'x6' target at 30yrds about half the time.

...thus endeth the lesson...

&&"...with slings of twisted wool from which they showered their missiles to break the ranks of the Trojans."

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Re: what i learned today...
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2004 at 4:31pm

Rob,

You are on your way to becoming a real slinger. Lots of practice means lots of learning--its the best way to learn when combined with pointers from more experienced slingers.

You should try what I do. I put hot glue over the release knot which makes it smoother and less friction on the finger and thumb. I can still get blisters if I sling too long but not nearly as fast.

IP Logged

rob

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2004 at 5:19pm

"I put hot glue over the release knot"

sounds good, thanks.

&&"...with slings of twisted wool from which they showered their missiles to break the ranks of the Trojans."

IP Logged

Mithras

Slinging beach pebbles
off the Yorkshire coast

East Yorkshire, England
Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2004 at 5:53pm

Cool!

What I learned yesterday ... ? That my targets are too small  Cheesy

I spend frustrating hours trying to hit my target on the beach, then thought 'Paul... its a rock the size of someone's head, for Chrissakes! How about making it a bit tougher!!'  Roll Eyes

So I'm looking at trying to find larger targets down here on the beach, maybe man-tall by man-wide with a nice flat rock or plastic can standing in for a bullseye head shot.

They shrink for fear, abated of their rage,&&Nor longer dare in a blind fight engage;&&Contented now to gall them from below&&With darts and slings, and with the distant bow.&&&&Aeneid 9.503&&
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Kick, Morphy, vetryan15, Chris, joe_meadmaker)