Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Some photos of a sling I made not long ago (Read 4615 times)
SnapCut

USA
Re: Some photos of a sling I made not long ago
Reply #15 - Jun 25th, 2004 at 10:21am

Here are the closeups that were asked for.  Its as close as I can get.

Thank you very much for helping me David_T Grin

« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2004 at 1:22pm by SnapCut »  

A SLING IS SO MANY WONDERFUL THINGS

IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Reply #16 - Jun 25th, 2004 at 11:22am

That's a nice braiding job.  I always have trouble transitioning between the cord to the cradle -- I get a round, concave pattern and have to add lots of extra loops to the outside strands.  Looks like you don't have that problem!

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Reply #17 - Jun 25th, 2004 at 11:31am

Quote:
HELP!!!
My photos did not show up in the above post.

If you want to see your pictures, you should put above links between these tags:

[*img] [*/img] - must remove the stars

But this is no problem, we can see your pictures after clicking on the links. Nice slings! I'm curious how you attached the cords to the leather sling.

Jurek

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

SnapCut

USA
Reply #18 - Jun 25th, 2004 at 1:37pm

Quote:
If you want to see your pictures, you should put above links between these tags:

[*img] [*/img] - must remove the stars

But this is no problem, we can see your pictures after clicking on the links. Nice slings! I'm curious how you attached the cords to the leather sling.

Jurek

Thanks Jurek

That worked out OK Wink

I attached the cords to the leather sling with small dabs of epoxy.  I read one time that prehistoricman had and used a form of epoxy.  It seems to hold leather very, very well.  Did you notice the cords are attached to the back of the cradle so that the shot doesn't encounter a bump?

IP Logged

SnapCut

USA
Reply #19 - Jun 25th, 2004 at 1:56pm

Quote:
That's a nice braiding job.  I always have trouble transitioning between the cord to the cradle -- I get a round, concave pattern and have to add lots of extra loops to the outside strands.  Looks like you don't have that problem!  

Transitioning is a very difficult thing.  The slipperiness of nylon allows drawing up post transition even post post transition.  Keep in mind when nylon is wet its stretches and is even more slippery.

I braided this sling horizontally not vertically.  I'm just learning to braid vertically.  If you can do what you want to do horizontally do it, it seems much easier and faster.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Morphy, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Rat Man)