Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another brainfart.....er, I mean, brainchild (Read 2279 times)
Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Another brainfart.....er, I mean, brainchild
May 11th, 2004 at 4:04pm

Being from the Northwestern U.S.,  I have seen various creative methods used in re-forestation efforts.  I was just thinking that the sling may be employed to plant trees on steep enbankments and other inaccessible areas  for the purposes of erosion control and landslide prevention.  Certainly there are more efficient methods, however I believe the sling would work well for highly specific applications within acceptable guidelines.  One could sling densely packed fertilizer/seed nodules or pellets coated with a seed/fertilizer paste.   When these impact a fertile area with enough force,  surely a seed or two would take hold.   The more creative would be 'Johnny Appleslingers' among us could  use a hillside as a canvas and give air travellers of the not too distant future a visual treat as they wend the nebulous trails through yonder firmament.........

I vote Johnny, the accomplished artist, to secure for our ranks the attentions of many would be admirers......to the 'cause of the modern creative slingsman'.

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

srgs9

slingers know how to get
their rocks off

Midwest U.S.A.
Re: Another brainfart.....er, I mean, brainchild
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2004 at 4:28pm

LOL...I can see the recruting posters now.

The idea seems sound for small scale or low budget ops. Though low flying aircraft would be faster for mass planting runs, the lone slingers could do the world some good as well as get in some practice... The seed ammo would also be fun to come up with...

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2004 at 5:52pm

Nice idea, & maybe a jump to biodegradable standard ammo.   Wonder who would make it for us??  mgreenfield

IP Logged

Sean

(@")=====@(kirb y boxing)

Florida
Reply #3 - May 11th, 2004 at 9:05pm

actually if you think you could make something that when inpacted with enough force would slip off the end and you could make like a small pouch and put seeds in it.  Upon opening it would spread the seeds around on the ground
Sean

*shatter* I HIT A WINDOW RUN!!!!!!
sharpieman99  
IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Reply #4 - May 11th, 2004 at 9:24pm

If you folks want trees, come to middle Tennessee! It's like "The Day of the Triffids" around here(anyone remember that old 60's movie?I saw it on TV in the 70's!). As a matter of fact, I'm working on a Red Cedar bow from a tree I cut down about 1/2 mile from my house!
Johnny

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #5 - May 11th, 2004 at 9:55pm

Must be rough Johnny.........Mudflats Nebraska here....and tired of it!  Angry

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Morphy, Kick, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark)