Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Computer Games - Slingers vs. Archers (Read 2454 times)
Sean

(@")=====@(kirb y boxing)

Florida
Computer Games - Slingers vs. Archers
May 8th, 2004 at 5:28pm

hey guys and gals
i was just sitting here reading some posts and i thought of this coolieo (my word for very cool) idea.  I have a game called Age of Mythology.  I dont know if anyone also has this game but i was gonna make a simulation of and army of slingers and an army of archers and i will see which wins to see the historical accuracy of the game.  Ill update on the result in like an hour.
Sean

//Chris - Title changed to make it more descriptive.  This helps people when doing searches or browsing the forum.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2004 at 2:06am by Chris »  

*shatter* I HIT A WINDOW RUN!!!!!!
sharpieman99  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Re: THE WAR (not really but neways)
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2004 at 7:12pm

LOL!

"historical accuracy" might be stretching it a bit for a game that focusses on mythical beasts and god powers. + in the game (as in real life) slingers are cheaper to produce and faster to train. Looks like you need about 29 slingers for your 20 archers.

Interesting though that slingers slightly outrange the archers...

IP Logged

Jandro
Tiro

Slinghetto of Da Sun

Dominican Republic
Re: THE WAR (not really but neways)
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2004 at 10:44pm

I have the game, and believe it or not, the Slingers are cheapear and beat the archers 1 on 1 or in goups. The slinger are specially to use against archers because they hit them and the archers loose the accuaracy.

They also beat the Chariot Archers, the best archers in the history and they cost almost the double.

And don't think AoM is only based on mythological beasts, they do also make the army really realistic.

Jandro A.K.A. Ra

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Re: Computer Games - Slingers vs. Archers
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2004 at 3:47am

I did a similar thing with Empire Earth.  The slingers were not at all effective, and were decimated by the archers.  I did various scenarios; one on one, groups of ten on ten, ten on one, etc.  Slingers were beaten every time, every by "Simple Bowmen", the worst archers.

IP Logged

goblin
Tiro

i sling like the best
of them!

canada
Reply #4 - May 9th, 2004 at 11:53am

lol that rules that you guys are having mock combats between archers and slingers in games. i gotta find me a game that has something similar to that!

IP Logged

Sean

(@")=====@(kirb y boxing)

Florida
Reply #5 - May 9th, 2004 at 12:55pm

well my stupid dumb stupid game wont work right so i cant make the battle sorry guys but slingers are more powerful againts archery units in their info section so oh well.
Sean

*shatter* I HIT A WINDOW RUN!!!!!!
sharpieman99  
IP Logged

Uriel
Tiro

Reply #6 - May 11th, 2004 at 6:27pm

There is a "Roman" based PC strategy game called"Praetorians" which gives you command of units of Balearic Slingers who are very effective against archers (and just  about anyone else for that matter). The game is published by Eidos.

IP Logged

Alan

Legendary (Sort of) Slinger

USA
Reply #7 - May 11th, 2004 at 9:33pm

Smiley If anybody has empire earth, my screen name is "bobjoey2003" and I'll be happy to play you.

We can even make a rule that you can't upgrade at your archery range so we have slingers the whole game  Wink

My AIM SN is "bobjoey2003"
My YIM SN is "bobjoey2003"

I'm usually on AIM.
Empire earth is fun fun fun...

51!/\/93|2 4/\/|) _||_|9913|2
WWW bobjoey2003 bobjoey2003  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Morphy, Chris, vetryan15)