Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
rocks (Read 13329 times)
Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Re: rocks
Reply #15 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 6:46pm

What was your major in 'collage'?   Fess up.....it was slinging huh. Wink  .......lol....couldn't resist.   Cheesy

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

srgs9

slingers know how to get
their rocks off

Midwest U.S.A.
Reply #16 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 11:01pm

Actualy I was a psyc. major who joined the army. That however is the past... Since then I've been from chef to bouncer/bartender to primitave skills teacher &c.  Good shot though as I love to improvise everything I can. It just goes to show.." Ya can take the boy out of the woods, but you can't take the woods out of the boy."

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 5:11am

I know what you mean, srgs9!  I was in America camping, in Maine in fact, and we were joined one night, about twenty yards away, by people wearing Ralph Lauren survival gear or something, and complaining about the mud, and staying up all night, etc.  Damn cityslickers.  I wish then that I had known about your nice little trick, although I think they had enough fragrant food anyway.
Yesterday I got some wonderful rocks from the beach.  Perfect size, about golfball size, amazingly round, smooth and there were lots of them.  Needless to say, I had difficulty walking back to the car, due to my pockets being filled with these stones.

IP Logged

nathan_gill
Tiro

Rocks don't get stuk in
trees

Reply #18 - Apr 19th, 2004 at 7:31pm

I live in florida (no rocks on ground) I have bought a 40lb bag of river rocks baged by GREENLEAF  from wal-mart. They're 50% throwable 10% optomim.If I find some better I'll tell you.

IP Logged

Sean

(@")=====@(kirb y boxing)

Florida
Reply #19 - Apr 19th, 2004 at 8:55pm

nathan_gill
I live in Florida also.  I hate it how theres so little rocks anywhere.  I was wondering how much were the rocks at WallyWorld?? I need to save up to buy them,
Sean

*shatter* I HIT A WINDOW RUN!!!!!!
sharpieman99  
IP Logged

nathan_gill
Tiro

Rocks don't get stuk in
trees

Reply #20 - Apr 19th, 2004 at 8:59pm

$2.27

IP Logged

Sean

(@")=====@(kirb y boxing)

Florida
Reply #21 - Apr 19th, 2004 at 9:13pm

NICE bro thanks

*shatter* I HIT A WINDOW RUN!!!!!!
sharpieman99  
IP Logged

Mithras

Slinging beach pebbles
off the Yorkshire coast

East Yorkshire, England
Reply #22 - Apr 27th, 2004 at 11:20am

I count myself REALLY REALLY lucky to live 15 mins walk, 2 mins drive from the beach (and half a dozen secluded rocky inlets). I never ever have to search for my slung stones.

I don't think I would have gotten into slinging if I'd lived inland. And I'll be damned if I'm moving inland if I can help it!!

They shrink for fear, abated of their rage,&&Nor longer dare in a blind fight engage;&&Contented now to gall them from below&&With darts and slings, and with the distant bow.&&&&Aeneid 9.503&&
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #23 - Apr 27th, 2004 at 5:00pm

I live five steps from good rock. I live in the Rock capital of the world Arkansas. Rocks everywhere. I go out and clean my front yard of rocks with my sling. lotts of fun

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Douglas

Just give me a good stone
and plenty of room!

Kalifornia
Reply #24 - Apr 28th, 2004 at 4:29pm

Garden store sell slinging stones. They call them "gravel" and sell them by the sack of course.. Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Chris, vetryan15, Rat Man)