SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Small Areas/Indoors (Read 2511 times)
Alan

Small Areas/Indoors
Mar 17th, 2004 at 1:19am

GrinIf I were to try to sling something inside what woud I use?  I'm thinking hacksacks.  I have some room outside, but i wouldn't like to hit a house  Wink.  What do u think?

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Re: Small Areas/Indoors
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 8:59am

Alan,

I put a target (duct tape) on the side of my house and use old tennis balls that do not bounce as much as new ones. Start at 15'--20'

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 9:16am

Hackysacks work well indoors, tho the small ones are on the light side (approx 1.5oz).    Advantage is that they have no rebound.   Still, I wouldnt want to repeatedly slam a 1.5-2.0oz Hackysack into unprotected wallboard.    Also, Hackysacks are expensive ammo.  

To avoid hitting houses (other than your own), you might want to use the vertical-underhand spin.   Easier to control direction, tho elevation is still a challenge.   

Start gentle.   The power will come later.  mgreenfield

IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 9:35am

I bought 2 hackysacks for .80 cents apiece at Wal-mart. Not expensive here!

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 11:02am

Gee, that's not too bad for reuseable ammo.   I gotta look at Wal-Mart!   Any idea what they weigh?   Let us know how they hold up to the pounding.   Tnx!   mgreenfield

IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 12:27pm

I've used them for about a week or so and they seem to be holding up OK. Maybe a little "mushy". They are not the greatest "soft" ammo to use, a little sluggish on the hurl, but it's better than nothing! I use various rubber balls(not the hard ones) that I found in my son's toy chest. They work the best for soft ammo.

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 1:05pm

I've used those 'stress' balls, the ones they sell at office supply stores.  The soft foam ones don't bounce as much as a tennis ball, and there's not much danger of damaging anything unless you knock something over.  They're more expensive, but if you're slinging indoors, you can use the same one over & over.  The downside is that they're so light that they don't really give the same feeling that slinging stones does.

Somewhere in here is a post (I don't remember who wrote it -- maybe JeffH?) about making balls of yarn, like 'koosh' balls.  I haven't tried those yet.

IP Logged

Alan

Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2004 at 1:51am

GrinMy Sling I made is a fairly small one.  i don't think it could hold a tennis ball.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Rat Man, Chris, vetryan15, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark)