Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sling till it hurts (Read 2074 times)
WalkingBird
Descens

Slinger of stones

Sling till it hurts
Feb 1st, 2004 at 11:20pm

Saturday was such a beautiful day, took the dogs out to the local lake, took a few slings. Spent part of the afternoon hurling rocks into the lake, some fist size and larger. (Not too many good stones so had to throw what was available) Threw some so large that the first turn was acomlished by holding the sling out and spinning myself around, finding my point of aim, and making the second turn with the sling and arm only, felt like a discus thrower, but it worked. hurled some impressive size rocks. If you would like to make a big splash this could be the way to start. Nobody on the beach but me and doggies. They couldn't figure out what was hitting the water. Pitched a fist sized rock down the beach and stepped it off at 153 paces, should be just a bit over 100 yrds. (My normal pace being about 26- 28") Not as good as when I was a kid, but fun to be sure. Must have thrown for over an hour. Today I'm a bit sore in places that I never thought would be effected by slinging, But it was a great way to spend an afternoon. Also took time to collect material to make a fire drill, but that's another story. Now if I could only find someone to sling with, UMMM.  Smiley

WalkingBird

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Re: Sling till it hurts
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2004 at 11:30pm

...beach?  Open water?   What's that?   Tho' I do confess to wading thru 10"snow to pitch a few into the back yard with my new Peruvian sling today.   25degF, ...a heat wave.  It WAS fun!   mgreenfield - in the great white north of WisconsinUSA

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2004 at 11:31pm

Your making all us snow logged members jealous!   Grin

Chris

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2004 at 1:56am

Hey all you snow dudes,

The sunny South had two days of ice that shut down everything for two days last Monday and Tuesday. This weekend was my first time slinging in a week Cry

I hit the power line a bird was sitting on--unfortunately I was abot 6' to the right. One day soon-- I can feel it.

Keep sling'n

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2004 at 3:32am

I also was slinging yesterday. With my daughter. We tested my pink ammo, and it was good for long shots, but as you hit something it broke into pieces.

It feels like Iīve been written this already Wink

Well, before we even could start we had to shovel some "roads" in the garden so we could go there. And after every shot, we had to dig deep for the stone/ammo.
But we had fun. no question about it! But it didnīt hurt.. so far.  Wink

Ulrica

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Kick, Morphy, Chris, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker)