Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Imported Peruvian Slings! (Read 16913 times)
JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Re: Imported Peruvian Slings!
Reply #15 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 3:03pm

I changed my personal text quite some time ago; glad someone other than myself actually reads those things.

My first one said, "Don't stand behind me, I'm about to throw."  Then, one day, the new one just hit me and I thought it was funny (and appropo).

Keep your eyes open, it could change again.

jeff <><  who likes puns

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

John Santos

Reply #16 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 8:50pm

Hi,

My name is John. I live in Deerfield,MA and saw these slings and thought they were really cool,,,I would like two of them!!!....Contact me and let's work this out,,,

jkonkapot@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Stone Slinger/Stick Thrower

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #17 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 9:46pm

John,

I'll write you personally.

Ben

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #18 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 10:35pm

I'll still take 5 slings. Can you imagine what they would charge in the USA for a hand woven sling?? Shocked

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #19 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 11:12pm

Yeah, I'd charge about $200 for one of mine!

Ben

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #20 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 5:31pm

I'll take two Ben.  Contact me with the details.

Chris

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #21 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 6:23pm

LOL, well guys, this whole thing has gotten more complex than my feeble stone age mind has been able to predict.  I've thrown you guys through so many loops that I'm sure you're starting to feel like sling stones. 

First the price raised and scared me that my interest would die off

Now I have more interest than I can handle.  Here's the math.

23 slings now requested.

18 slings supply ordered. 

I just sent an urgent note to Andeanart.com to order 8 more slings for us.  That is if they haven't shipped yet, for otherwise the shipping would kill us.  I don't think they have shipped, so I'm very hopeful that we will be able to meet the increasing demand and have a few left over afterwards for those who come still later! 

If not, then let's try to help Chris and John get atleast 1 sling a piece between the 18 that will forsure come.  I'm giving up mine if necessary.  I'm pretty sure they'll be able to squeeze in the extra 8 though.

Ben

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #22 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 6:52pm

....if you come up really short, I'd settle for just 1 of the slings, so other slingsters could have 1, too.    Thanks for huge contribution in putting all this together!

mgreenfield

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #23 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 9:17pm

I can give up two slings if needed since I ordered five.

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #24 - Jan 6th, 2004 at 9:45pm

Wow,  see what a great bunch of guys we are!  I'm hoping nobody will have to give up any.  I don't think they've shipped, hey maybe he is even going back to the source with the order.  I don't know how it all works.

Thanks guys. 

Ben

IP Logged

archeorob
Descens

Know when to duck!

Wisconsin
Reply #25 - Jan 7th, 2004 at 9:50pm

Hey, I wanna be a cool guy too!  Actually, as I'm responsible for a fair number of them, I'll be happy to cut down if it comes to it as well.

Here's to waiting anxiously for them!!

Rob

Archeorob rob+Fullmer  
IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #26 - Jan 8th, 2004 at 1:19am

They called me today asking for my SSN for the importation of a package from Peru.  I think I'm on their most wanted list now.  Andeanart wrote me back and said that 18 shipped already. 

So the good news is they are on their way across the border! 
The bad news is that there are only 18 of em. 

Ok, you guys have been really generous and truly are a cool bunch of slingers.  Yeah Rob's on the list too.  So I'm going to do the math and put down the #'s to prevent you all from fighting about who gets to be, "the coolest sling dude in the heap."  The actual #'s are pretty complex if you care to follow the history (and my reasoning.)  Otherwise just go straight to the bold fonts for the final verdict.

Whipartist ordered 3 and then changed his (my) order to 1 when he saw how much the per unit cost was rising as he added slings to the shopping cart.

David_T ordered 5 

Archeorob's order was for 9, between him and his brother.  The rest of us are suspicious that they are planning a giant hunting expedition without telling us about it Wink 

Mgreenfield ordered 2.

JeffH ordered 3 slings.

So I ordered 18 slings for all of us....  I don't know why I didn't order 20?  I think it happened when I cut my own order down to 1 sling instead of 3.  I think I did that twice or something?  So in my very ordering I ordered 2 slings under what I needed to.  I gave up my sling when I saw my mistake, and so we are 1 sling under at this point.

From there:

John Santos posted that he wants 2 slings

And Chris posted that he wants 2 slings.

That comes to 23 slings demand.  An impossible order to fill with 18 slings.

But to be fair, both John and Chris ordered their slings after I had already ordered for the group.  Thus though we are helping them out, we can only go so far.  I think it's fair to get them 1 sling each.

That brings the demand down to 21.

We need to fill in 3 slings worth then.  And you guys helped me out with that.  The coolest sling dudes in the heap- Mgreenfield, David_T and Archeorob, have all volunteered to help me out by lowering their order quantities.  I guess this must make Rob's giant hunting expedition a bit more dangerous.  But he's apparently tuff enough to handle it.  Either that or else his brother's a really big guy? Wink   

Sooooooo!  Here are the final orders. 

David_T gets 3 slings.
    He generously gave up 2 slings to help out John and Chris.  He gets the Coolest Sling Dude in The Heap Award!  Thanks David Smiley

Archeorob's gets 8 slings.   I was worried his brother might not make it back from his giant hunt so I left him with 8 slings, just incase. Wink

Mgreenfield gets 2 slings. He was so generous in being willing to give up 1 of his 2 slings, but I don't have the heart to cut him short.  Smiley

JeffH gets 3 slings.

John Santos gets 1 sling

Chris gets 1 sling.

That's 18 slings!  We're ok! 

When the slings arrive, I will post some nice pictures of them in this thread!  At that point I will contact all of you individually about payment (by either paypal, money order, or personal check.) and your shipping address.  I'll ship via priority mail with delivery confirmation.  I've been selling bullwhips and holsters for a long time so this part I'm pretty professional with.

Well that was fun to write.  I'm starting to get pretty excited to see the slings!!!  I first started this journey many months ago.  I didn't even know if I'd be successful back then, but it sure does look like I now am.  This makes me go down in the History books as the first mass* importer of Peruvian slings into the USA, ever! 

*If 18 counts as "mass."

Is their a Guiness record for this sort of thing?

HeeeeeHaaaaa!                                                                        Ben

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #27 - Jan 9th, 2004 at 8:21am

I suggest that we all change our orders just so we can see how Ben " re- rearranges" the numbers Grin Grin

Thanks for your effots Ben! I am anxious to see if these slings will really work. Will you take them back if the "sights" are not accurate? Grin I sure hope these slings hit the target more!

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #28 - Jan 9th, 2004 at 6:47pm

David,

Yeah, I enjoyed spending 2 hours figuring all that out.  Can I do it again!  LOL

IP Logged

archeorob
Descens

Know when to duck!

Wisconsin
Reply #29 - Jan 10th, 2004 at 10:04am

Excellent!  With 8 headed my direction, I'm sure I can cut my share more if more people need some...some are losing their nerve for the hunt.  It's not like the wild boar will charge ALL of us! Wink

Thanks Ben

Archeorob rob+Fullmer  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Morphy)