Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Howdy (Read 2351 times)
Luke

Long range projectile
enthusiast

Howdy
Sep 30th, 2003 at 2:02am

Howdy all! I've been to the main site a few times before for research on making slings (made my first useable sling a few months back) and thought I'd jump in over and see if I could learn something new  Smiley

I've been trying to figure out how it would all work, but a friend and I have been toying with the idea of making some kind of "sling golf" game. Maybe something along the lines of disc golf, that incorperates distance and accuracy. Maybe you all have some ideas? - what's the target, what size is it, and how would it be built? how far away? scoring system? simple play rules? etc. etc. ?  ???

IP Logged

JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Re: Howdy
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2003 at 10:03am

Welcome, Luke!

Great site here.  Chris is doing a great job and everyone is friendly.

You have an interesting site as well.

As for slinging golf (not to be confused with hurling) I think it would be great.  The range for each hole will have to be quite long and very open, I would think.  Keep working on the concept, though, it sounds great.

Sometimes at bow shoots there are games played for prizes or just fun.  Like shooting at a target twenty yards away, but you have to shoot over a wire thirty feet in the air.  Or shooting at targets mostly obscured by trees or brush. 

Then there is the turkey shoot, and silhouette and so forth.

Well, I guess there are lots of games to be played with the sling.  Eager to see what you come up with.

jeff <>< - who wonders what games David played while tending the sheep

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

Luke

Long range projectile
enthusiast

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2003 at 12:39pm

*David's Mother* "Now David, how many time have I told you? don't sling rocks at your brothers! and you know what your father told you last time about the goats..."  Cheesy

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2003 at 12:42pm

There are so many possible games that could incorperate slings,  sling golf being a obvious one.  Is anyone here familiar with frisbee golf?  The raised "holes" would be better for slings. 

Competitive target shooting is fun and great practice.  Set up some plywood dummies in the woods and go mad.

My favorite two-person activity with slinging is sparing of course.  You can do this safely with tennis balls (or similar) or rocks with proper gear.  It's like paintball, but more rewarding and a lot cheaper.  At one point, we were having 8 vs 8 sling battles on a gravel road near my house.  Tons of fun if you can do it safely.

Chris

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man)