Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pouch template...? (Read 2955 times)
LeonX22

Whack!  Eat stone grasshopper!!!

Michigan, USA
pouch template...?
Sep 26th, 2003 at 10:14pm

With the gallery up and running, I have an idea that would benefit those looking to make their first slings. 

A few of you have mentioned using a standard template for your sling pouch.  With each sling that I have made, I have been drawing the pouch design out from scratch (I keep losing the original drawing around my dads shop).  Aside from embezzling the sling, drawing out a symmetrical pouch can take a good amount of time. 

In an effort to save time, I thought that having the pouch templates on a gallery pic would be useful.  If you have a design that you would like to share, maybe you could scan it and send it to Chris.  I know that personally I could use something of that nature when I throw together my next sling.

What do you all think?

Cheers,

Leon

IP Logged

JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Re: pouch template...?
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2003 at 10:46pm

Got one better.  In addition to posting the templates, send me the info. I will draw it and produce two things.

1st, a dimensioned template/drawing that Chris can post and have as a download for visitors.

2nd, make the templates available on clear, adhesive film that you can stick on the leather.  It peels right off when done.  Full size, no scaling on printer or copier.

I can make the designs as complicated or simple as nec.

jeff <>< - who thinks Leon is onto something

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Rat Man, Chris, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Morphy)