Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Interest in slinging t-shirts? (Read 22210 times)
Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Interest in slinging t-shirts?
Sep 14th, 2003 at 12:22am

I was wondering if people would have any interest in buying a sling related t-shirt?  There are plenty of places where you can order custom t-shirts in smaller quantities for a reasonable price.  It could be as simple as a sentence, or we could add graphics.  There could be text on the front, back, pocket, sleeves, you name it.  Any color of the rainbow too. 

I'm not saying anything definite yet, but if there is enough interest, I'd organize it.  People could submit quotes or designs and we could vote.  There's enough registered members on this forum to make it economically feasible (but that number is only a fraction of the visitors the site gets per day just looking for information).  If we rounded up 30 willing people, it would be cheap.  Basically, just give me some feedback and let me know if you'd chip out 10 bucks for a shirt.

Chris

IP Logged

Todd
Novicius

Southwest Virginia
Re: Interest in slinging t-shirts?
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2003 at 8:20am

Chris,

Great idea! You guys figure out the design and put me down for two. I'll mail the check as soon as you give the word.
                              Todd

IP Logged

LeonX22

Whack!  Eat stone grasshopper!!!

Michigan, USA
Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2003 at 8:53am

Definitely a good idea Chris! 

I think we should hold a contest for the T-Shirt design/quote.  The winner of the contest would receive a T-shirt for free.  You could raise the price of the T-shirt $1.00 to accommodate the winner (we wouldn't want you to have to fit the bill). 

A voting system is the only difficult thing to work out.  I've seen many polls on other websites that would work well, but they don't keep people from voting twice.  Hmmm.... ???

After the contest, you sure would have a nice item to sell on the website! 

Anyway, just some ideas.

Leon

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2003 at 1:02pm

People could post in a forum thread for the winner.  Sure people could register more than one account.. but come on!  Are people that desperate to want to cheat on a slinging t-shirt?  Smiley

T-shirts would be open to everyone (non registered visitors) too.  Once we have a design, we'd let people order for a few weeks to bring the cost down.  And then I'd place the bulk order.

Chris

IP Logged

archeorob
Descens

Know when to duck!

Wisconsin
Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2003 at 9:13am

Put me down for a couple as well.  I like the idea!

Rob

Archeorob rob+Fullmer  
IP Logged

Brent
Tiro

guns don't kill people,
slings do!

charlotte,NC
Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2003 at 6:35pm

Great idea,though the design might be kinda hard to figure out.I would like one too Smiley.
Brent

mammut109  
IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2003 at 7:01pm

Doesn't necessarily have to be a design.  It could just be text if someone comes up with something clever.

Chris

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2003 at 4:44pm

Two possibilities here.  

...    ...

Im thinking of a twist on the first one.  Making the people and sling and text all white (silhouette) on a black background.  

Btw, I'm including "slinging.org" in the designs, but it's not a requirement.  It what ever people want.  Please comment, and of course, submit or explain your own designs.

Chris

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Stone Slinger/Stick Thrower

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2003 at 12:29am

Chris,

If we get a good design then I'm certainly in.  I prefer something historical to something comical, though those designs are cute.  I have a few thoughts.

Slinging.org may become more than a website.  It's the basis for the slinging community in the English speaking World right?  Maybe we could come up with a logo.  Something cool, masculine, powerful.  Who knows?  And the logo would be great for a t-shirt.  Infact it seems maybe we have a logo.   

I think this logo would be great on the T-shirts.  Or if we want to change it we could.

Or else, I really love David by Gianlorenzo Bernini.  It's a great statue though this isn't the best picture of it.  I have a much better one on my hard drive I could send you Chris if you're interested.  It's at a better angle too.  Of course I'm biased here. 

Ben

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Stone Slinger/Stick Thrower

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2003 at 12:38am

Chris,

This is cool too! Very nice.

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #10 - Sep 17th, 2003 at 12:58am

The problem with photos is they are hard and expensive to reproduce on a t-shirt.  Plus, it might look a bit cheesy.  I think it's a great idea, but I think it would be hard to pull off a professional look.  We really need crisp text and a logo/graphic that can be applied to a solid color background.  Several of the mock images i've posted in this thread are applicable. 

We need to generate a bit more interest to make it economically feasible (~30 shirts is my goal).  So lets keep ideas and comments coming in.

Also, what are peoples thoughts on t-shirt color?  We can choose anything we like.  Color printing is obviously more expensive. 
My vote is on black or that sweatpants sandy grey look with white graphics/text. 

Chris

This should give you an idea of the selection:
http://www.txshirts.com/t-shirt-catalog.asp?prodtype=tee

IP Logged

LeonX22

Whack!  Eat stone grasshopper!!!

Michigan, USA
Reply #11 - Sep 17th, 2003 at 8:57am

Or perhaps even in the colors of the site. 

A light tan for the T-shirt and dark brown for the lettering. 

Leon

IP Logged

Brent
Tiro

guns don't kill people,
slings do!

charlotte,NC
Reply #12 - Sep 17th, 2003 at 12:39pm

what about maybe black and,orwhite with black lettering.i think we should cut having the website on it idea,just some thoughts, brent

mammut109  
IP Logged

archeorob
Descens

Know when to duck!

Wisconsin
Reply #13 - Sep 17th, 2003 at 12:50pm

I like the sandy brown color for the shirts and Dark brown for the logo.  I would definitely say that "slinging.org" should be on it somewhere (and prominant).

I really like your designs Chris.  As for the statue that Ben posted, I think what he was getting at (and if not, what would be the most feasable) would be a stylized, single color illustration of the statue that held large blocked out areas of color, but still allowed for easy recognition as to what it was and which statue (for those familiar with art).  All in all, there are some great ideas coming out here.

Rob

Archeorob rob+Fullmer  
IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Reply #14 - Sep 17th, 2003 at 1:56pm

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2005 at 6:54pm by Yurek »  

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Morphy)