Slinging.org Administrator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Main website link
May 20th, 2018 at 2:24pm

https://web.archive.org/web/20120920043354/http://www.slinging.org/

Thanks to Sarosh for bringing this to my attention Smiley

Until I figure out how to get the webpage running again - this is what's there and works great Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Re: Main website link
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 2:34am

Well, that answers that particular question......

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

lakeslinger

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 4:13am

Hi there,

it must be some years Ive entered here - been very busy , no time for slinging, only sporadically visiting the forum, but still making slings sometimes. Today I noticed with pleasure, that the old main website isn`t lost at all.

Thanks a lot for the link!

Independently Ive found two "lost" articles on the web, I want additionally link here:

1) the Rockman sling tutorial:
https://sites.google.com/site/rockmansling/

2) the Apache Sling article:
http://www.prepperuniverse.com/how-to-build-and-use-a-traditional-apache-sling-l...

Hopefully I can manage to visit the forum more often in the future - like in the good old times.
There are a few pics of slings to post and many new slings I have to take pictures of.

Until then... lakeslinger

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 8:04am

Bei der Gelegenheit. https://fundamittere.jimdo.com

Ist auch wieder online. 😁

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

mymothersmeatloaf

saint louis missouri
Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 6:07am

I've been looking for this for years! I wonder what happened to the main page..

mymothersmeatloaf  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Slinging.org Administrator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - May 11th, 2020 at 2:55pm

The website is actually still where it always was.
One file has been altered by the people who own the server.

The people who run the server decided to shut it down as the version of CMS it used, was apparently no longer considered safe.

Unfortunately I had no part in the original website design and would never ever ever ever have used an online based web system.
I'm old fashioned like that, I like a website to be  a document you can alter with off line software.

I have looked at updating cms - but after a couple of hours my brain starts to melt and leak out of my ears.

It was bad enough when i updated the forum software.

At some point I'll make a serious effort to properly 'capture' the original website and replace the whole frigging sms-mess with a normal html based, easy to edit and change site.

But not today....

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Oxnate
Descens

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2020 at 1:06pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on May 11th, 2020 at 2:55pm:
The website is actually still where it always was.
One file has been altered by the people who own the server.

The people who run the server decided to shut it down as the version of CMS it used, was apparently no longer considered safe.

Unfortunately I had no part in the original website design and would never ever ever ever have used an online based web system.
I'm old fashioned like that, I like a website to be a document you can alter with off line software.

I have looked at updating cms - but after a couple of hours my brain starts to melt and leak out of my ears.

It was bad enough when i updated the forum software.

At some point I'll make a serious effort to properly 'capture' the original website and replace the whole frigging sms-mess with a normal html based, easy to edit and change site.

But not today....

Need any help with that?

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Aussie, Curious Aardvark)