Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My First (functioning) Good Quality Sling (Read 1662 times)
RickkyBandit

Slinging Rocks!

Re: My First (functioning) Good Quality Sling
Reply #15 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 11:19pm

Quote:
Hit that. It will put the whole post in your own. If you want to use a smaller section, highlight the portion and hit "Mark and Quote".

Testing

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #16 - Nov 26th, 2020 at 4:10am

RickkyBandit wrote on Nov 25th, 2020 at 11:19pm:
Testing

You got it Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

RickkyBandit

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #17 - Nov 26th, 2020 at 6:21pm

You'd barely believe it, but my sling broke again. This time the cords were fine, no knots came apart, it was the pouch (which granted, was a 4 sling veteran).

So in the spirit of Practical Paracord (massive fan) I have made my first custom pouch, it's just 2 classic pouches sewn together with a silly design, but it's a start!

Also, after testing it a bit I realized that something about the weight of the pouch and the little design acting to keep rocks in place a little longer during the swing ( I use an underhanded straight throw) gives this thing a huge increase in power. I'm no scienceeneer but I do like occasionally putting rocks through small tree branches.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

One final note, do any of y'all skip rocks with your sling? if so what's your best record for skips? (I've only been counting the big propper ones that actually jump in the air and not the 4 tiny skips as the rock tumbles to a halt).

So far I'm able to get about 6 on a good one.

Sling_5.jpg (610 KB | 7 )
Sling_5.jpg

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #18 - Nov 26th, 2020 at 7:59pm

RickkyBandit wrote on Nov 26th, 2020 at 6:21pm:
One final note, do any of y'all skip rocks with your sling? if so what's your best record for skips? (I've only been counting the big propper ones that actually jump in the air and not the 4 tiny skips as the rock tumbles to a halt).

So far I'm able to get about 6 on a good one.

That's about right. I may have had a few more with a really nice shot, but honestly, I don't recall. Just skipping an egg shaped stone for a few is enough entertainment for me to lose the desire to count. Now I'm gonna have to count. Smiley

A few members were talking about making a "Y" sling for skipping stones. I have yet to try it, but it is on my to-do list.

John R.

IP Logged

RickkyBandit

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #19 - Nov 26th, 2020 at 10:11pm

IronGoober wrote on Nov 26th, 2020 at 7:59pm:
That's about right. I may have had a few more with a really nice shot, but honestly, I don't recall. Just skipping an egg shaped stone for a few is enough entertainment for me to lose the desire to count. Now I'm gonna have to count.

I must admit I'm needlessly competitive in most things, though I suspect it's probably just because I don't have anyone to sling with right now so I'm using other things to keep me motivated.   Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15)