Send Topic Print
Overshoulder Redux (Read 2625 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Overshoulder Redux
Nov 18th, 2020 at 11:46am

https://youtu.be/7VR3NK7OLLg

Ok, disclaimer here. I do not write scripts for my videos so they tend to be word vomit lol. This is a video explaining a bit about the Overshoulder and how it differs from the Turkey throw. I hope it's beneficial to someone. That being said I learned something making this and had to eat crow half way through the video lol. Anyways, enjoy. (?)
  Grin

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Overshoulder Redux
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 12:07pm

Just realized this was in the wrong sub forum. Oops my bad. Feel free to move it if you wish.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 8:18pm

Nice man!  Isn't that the way with so many sling videos?!  Things don't go quite according to plan.  Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 8:28pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 8:18pm:
Nice man!  Isn't that the way with so many sling videos?!  Things don't go quite according to plan.  Smiley

For sure Joe. I had a 2 parter planned. The first explaining it in perhaps too much detail but the second will be mostly throws.  I know Jaegoor may have some harsh words for this very unorthodox throw but so be it.  Grin

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 9:40pm

LOL Nice throw Morphy   Thumbs Up

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 10:42pm

LOL. The best accidental advice was in the disclaimers about how uncool it looks to throw this way... In the age of COVID, this is an effective social distancing strategy for anyone who is being overcrowded by too many of the ladies. Maybe you should make it a three-part video and demo that effect in the wild Grin

Also, how you do turkey throw matters a lot!  It’s not a true turkey style unless it ends with the 90-degree bent wrist and you must cup the underside of your elbow with your non-throwing hand. Both ate absolutely crucial!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 10:45pm

Morphy wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 11:46am:
Anyways, enjoy. (?) 

Nice, much like my throw, and I agree it's a plenty powerful throw, I've used it since the beginning. I just fast forwarded to the throw, didn't watch the rest Wink

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 1:50am

Thumbs up on the throw. It was a pretty good throw. Thumbs up on the no-practice video as well.

John R.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #8 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 3:45am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 10:42pm:
LOL. The best accidental advice was in the disclaimers about how uncool it looks to throw this way... In the age of COVID, this is an effective social distancing strategy for anyone who is being overcrowded by too many of the ladies. Maybe you should make it a three-part video and demo that effect in the wild Grin

Also, how you do turkey throw matters a lot!  It’s not a true turkey style unless it ends with the 90-degree bent wrist and you must cup the underside of your elbow with your non-throwing hand. Both ate absolutely crucial!

Wait are you actually a fan NOOC? I was under the impression that you thought it was a joke. I guess I have much less arm dexterity because trying to make that throw work is pretty awkward for me.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #9 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 3:47am

a wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 10:45pm:
Morphy wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 11:46am:
Anyways, enjoy. (?) 

Nice, much like my throw, and I agree it's a plenty powerful throw, I've used it since the beginning. I just fast forwarded to the throw, didn't watch the rest Wink

No that's fine. Actually the intent yesterday morning was to go out and talk and then edit out the most pertinent parts. I definitely should have done that looking back but got lazy and clicked upload instead. Lol.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #10 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 3:48am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 10:42pm:
LOL. The best accidental advice was in the disclaimers about how uncool it looks to throw this way

This is the problem I have with Greek. I'm super accurate with it but it looks ridiculous Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #11 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 3:58am

Nice!!!
Thanks for uploading. I realize that I never used the turkey style but overshoulder style.
I do it with my elbow high into the air. Wonder how that affects the technique.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #12 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:00am

Kick wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 3:48am:
I'm super accurate with it but it looks ridiculous

The beauty of slinging is that it's mostly a solitary pastime, so usually no need to break out the psychedelic lycra tigerskin leotards and the nikes and the fancy throwing style Wink

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #13 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:04am

Slyngorm wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 3:58am:
I do it with my elbow high into the air. Wonder how that affects the technique.

I've always used that style with a high elbow, it's the most intuitive style. It's just the same as throwing a rock. I'm surprised most people didn't start with it.

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #14 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:29am

a wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:04am:
It's just the same as throwing a rock.

I agree. That is exactly the feel I was aiming for when I discovered this style myself.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Chris, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner)