Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Overshoulder Redux (Read 2620 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Overshoulder Redux
Reply #30 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 9:18am

I have a fairly long list but I do really want to try and do them "all". Whether I can pull of the meteor hammer throw... We'll see...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #31 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 11:55am

Well it’s pretty clear how I feel about the Turkey throw but I sure would love to see someone who likes it give a demo on how to do it properly. Killing an actual turkey would be a bonus but not necessary.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #32 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 1:45pm

Hmmm well I don't know if I LIKE it but I can just about do it. Turkey aren't known to live in Finland. I guess the closest would be the capercaillie, but I once saw two of them fighting and I do not want to piss one of them off.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #33 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 6:29pm

Kick wrote on Nov 22nd, 2020 at 1:45pm:
but I once saw two of them fighting and I do not want to piss one of them off.

I feel the same way about women. Dangerous creatures at the best of times.
I think NOOC and Mersa also seem to like it. Hopefully someone will make me a believer someday.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #34 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 3:32am

Let's see how the eventual video turns out Cheesy

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #35 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 6:48am

I wouldn’t say I like it but it definitely has more credibility that anything else RS said

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #36 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 6:51am

Mersa wrote on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 6:48am:
but it definitely has more credibility that anything else RS said

Who on earth is RS and why is he/she in such disrepute here?

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #37 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 6:52am

Oh it’s a long story, he was a very entertaining troll

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #38 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 7:27am

He was arguably one of my favorite people here for all the wrong reasons.  Smiley  Virtuous trolling to me spices up the forum and so long as someone is not being a jerk I tend to like those members that do that. I may very well be the only one that does.  That being said virtually nothing he said was remotely true hence the constant references to his posts. Apex Apoc was another though not nearly as fun.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #39 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 8:00am

Agreed

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #40 - Nov 28th, 2020 at 12:50am

RS was a trolling genius! He knew his audience and usually took his stories to places where people wanted to believe them, so it didn’t matter if they were all malarkey. The cleverest bit was how his stories inspired people to engage in asinine behavior like throwing flat rocks at the water or calling a sling a “noodle”.

RS was mostly harmless and entirely hilarious, but he did eventually take it too far by never admitting to his lies. His impact on slinging.org culture will live on, and I cannot help but wonder what crazy fabrications we might have experienced if he hadn’t been booted from the forums.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Rat Man)