Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tiny Schrade knife (Read 496 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Tiny Schrade knife
Oct 7th, 2020 at 4:15pm

This isn’t exactly a weapon, but it’s also not a sling so...

I  really like Schrade’s fixed blade knives, but the nylon sheaths are a bit too noisy. I don’t like how they rattle.

Here’s a tiny utility knife I picked up for $10 on Amazon and customized a leather sheath to replace the chunky plastic one. So far I’m very happy with the results! The new rig is smaller, quiet, and can hang on other gear or a belt.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2020 at 6:05pm by NooneOfConsequence »  

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Tiny Schrade knife
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 4:29pm

That looks really nice! Great job on the sheath.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Tiny Schrade knife
Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 4:29pm

Thanks Kick! I ordered some snaps, but I got impatient and remembered that I had some brass spikes that would work like a button. I may file it down a little, but it’s a perfect fastener.
... also, for you minimalist campers: the new rig weighs about 20% less Than the plastic one.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2020 at 6:00pm by NooneOfConsequence »  

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Chris, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark)