Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alone: Million Dollar Challange (Read 750 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Alone: Million Dollar Challange
Sep 23rd, 2020 at 7:20pm

I just finished watching Alone's seventh season.  For those who don't know, Alone is a survival show where they take ten people with ten survival items each  and dump them in some wild place to survive alone.  Usually the last man or woman standing gets half a million dollars.  For season seven the prize was a full million but the task was the most difficult yet.  The contestants had to spend a hundred days in the Canadian Arctic in the Fall and Winter by Great Slave Lake.
    I don't want to spoil the ending for those who will watch it but I will say that the person I picked very early in the show did the best. 
    I am a fan of Winter.  I love the colder weather.  I have literally spent months at a time outside in the Winter.  What impressed me the most about this season was the stunning beauty of the area.  I would love to go there some day.  Could I have won this challenge?  I'm sixty six, and sixty six is sixty six.  I like to think that in my younger years I could have given it a decent run.  But that's easy to say from a warm livingroom with a belly full of food. 
    Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet, watch season seven of Alone.  It's a great adventure. 

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Re: Alone: Million Dollar Challange
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:34am

Is there a camera crew with them, or are they filming themselves, Survivorman style?

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Alone: Million Dollar Challange
Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 11:37am

slingbadger wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 6:34am:
Is there a camera crew with them, or are they filming themselves, Survivorman style?

They film themselves.  They have an emergency phone if they need to tap out but any help is hours away.  IMO after Survivorman this is the best survival show. 
    Some of the locations they do the show in are incredible.  They did one season in Mongolia.  I always imagined Mongolia as being bleak, barren, and inhospitable.  It was stunningly beautiful.  Live and learn.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Chris, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini)