Send Topic Print
Cobra Kai (Read 940 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Cobra Kai
Sep 16th, 2020 at 2:07pm

Cobra Kai is on Netflix.  It's the Karate Kid thirty years later.  Daniel is a successful businessman with several car dealerships.  Johnny is sort of a down and out bum.  Of course Mr. Miyogi has been dead for years.  Johnny decides to revamp Cobra Kai and Daniel wants very much to stop him.  There are two seasons on Netflix with a third to be released.
    It's a little cheesy and hokey sort of like the original Karate Kid movies.  Cheesy and hokey aren't necessarily bad things if they're done right.  If you liked The Karate Kid series then you'll like this.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm looking very forward to the third season being released.

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Re: Cobra Kai
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2020 at 8:00pm

I'll wait.  Netflix just lost a million subscribers due to airing Cuties.  They'll probably have some deals on memberships soon.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 4:50am

"Let's show how terrible the sexualisation of children is by sexualising a bunch of actual child actors!" - The geniuses behind "Cuties".

I've watched two videos discussing it, one didn't show the worst footage and just talked about it and I managed to finish watching that one. The other one showed footage from it and I stopped watching after about a minute and a half because it was... so... wrong. "Oh but the context..." No. There is no context that would make showing an, at the time of filming, 11 year old like that. Bleaugh.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 2:55pm

I saw a video on Youtube that said Terry Silver might be coming back for the third installment of Cobra Kai.  I hope so.  He was IMO the most hateful villain.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 3:27am

The moment I saw the scene with the bullies outside the gas station I knew I was going to enjoy this show. My 11 year old daughter is a big Karate Kid fan and she absolutely loves that scene.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 10:37am

netflix is actually increasing its price. Amazon is winning the streaming wars. Disney will muscle into 2nd and netflix will be third.

Part of it isn't their fault (everybody starting their own streaming service and yanking content). Part of it is, they chased clicks instead of curating content and making sure they had something for everyone. They put their faith in algorithms and lowest common denominator.  Other part is their independent stuff got too darn preachy and they forgot you have to take polls with a grain of salt. If you replace cheeseburgers with a quinoa and kale salad (because that's what the people claimed they wanted) you're gonna have a bad time.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 5:20pm

John Kreese is back with "Koala Kai" commercial.  LOL

https://youtu.be/3j6bieyfDRs

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar)