Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Just joined (Read 2266 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Just joined
Reply #15 - Sep 10th, 2020 at 12:31pm

I think you and I have a different definition of “cool”.
There is a time and a place for self-defense, but you shouldn’t go looking for a fight, and I would prefer to never need to use a weapon to begin with.  Self defense or not... That brief moment of “cool” isn’t worth the years of legal troubles when the attacker or their family sues you in civil court because you injured them in an unconventional way.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

SlingingBri
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Oklahoma City Area
Reply #16 - Sep 11th, 2020 at 1:26am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Sep 10th, 2020 at 12:31pm:
I think you and I have a different definition of “cool”.
There is a time and a place for self-defense, but you shouldn’t go looking for a fight, and I would prefer to never need to use a weapon to begin with.  Self defense or not... That brief moment of “cool” isn’t worth the years of legal troubles when the attacker or their family sues you in civil court because you injured them in an unconventional way.

I wasn't talking about looking for a fight.  As a transgender person, I get enough of that as it is without having to look for anything.  But again, my sling would not be my first choice anyway.  I was being mostly sarcastic about the whole thing, so I'm not sure why you're taking it all so personally.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #17 - Sep 11th, 2020 at 7:26pm

Not personally... seriously. I am probably one of the least serious people on this forum, but self defense is not a joke. Deploying deadly force against another human being is not something to ever call “cool”.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #18 - Sep 12th, 2020 at 11:23am

Welcome from New Jersey, SlingingBri.  I shrunk your ginormous pictures for you.  I use MS Paint.  It's a small, simple, easy to use program.

IP Logged

SlingingBri
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Oklahoma City Area
Reply #19 - Sep 13th, 2020 at 3:41am

Rat Man wrote on Sep 12th, 2020 at 11:23am:
   Welcome from New Jersey, SlingingBri.  I shrunk your ginormous pictures for you.  I use MS Paint.  It's a small, simple, easy to use program. 

Thanks!  I didn't realize how large they were going to be until I saw them, then I thought it was just my phone where I was viewing everything.  I'll definitely try to reduce any future picture sizes Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #20 - Sep 14th, 2020 at 7:18pm

I can't reduce them on my phone.  I have to use my computer.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man)