Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Pumpkin Challenge! (Prize included) (Read 15269 times)
Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Pumpkin Challenge! (Prize included)
Reply #75 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 4:09am

I thoroughly enjoyed that joe, as always with your videos.
I also really liked that the pumpkin ran away, from the stones, I know it wasn’t planned but it definitely added to the entertainment. As always video quality is top notch.
This challenge has provided the goods and I must say I’m still waiting on the pumpkins to arrive in my store and I hope they hurry up because between the skills shown in both editing and the slinging itself I’m already getting target panic. I hope the weather gods give me the best chance at making the video.

So far I’m really struggling with choosing a winner and think everyone is deserving of a prize so far.

I hope we continue this enthusiasm for the years to come and for other challenges such as the Easter egg challenge.

Great stuff everyone your all absolute legends!!!

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #76 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 4:25am

This is going to be really hard to pick. I definitely should have waited a bit before jumping straight into it. I for sure underestimated the competition Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #77 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 7:43am

well I think the only thing left to say for Joe's video is this:

Excellent and accurate slinging with all ammo.

Looks like about 10 metres - decent distance for a small targer Smiley

And it really illustrates how difficult it is to throw with both power and accuracy.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #78 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 10:11am

Thanks all!  This was definitely a fun one to do.

@IG - Yeah, I'm on a bit of a hill.  You can see the general angle during the stones.  I put bricks under the target so the pumpkin is level, but the backstop just follows the ground.  It's actually not too bad when you're standing on it.  I think I've also just gotten used to it.

In the glass is The Great Pumpkin from Elysian Brewing.  Very tasty!

I think most of the stones I had were around 300 g.  Which is about triple the weight of the ice and pykrete, so that was a big adjustment.  They were the ones I used for the nail challenge.

@NOC - I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.  Slinging videos...great entertainment for the whole family!  Cheesy

@Kick - I'm looking forward to joining Team Finnlandia in Mallorca one day!  With all the craziness going on now, maybe 2022 is a more realistic hope than next year.

@Mersa - Don't worry man, we're going to wait for you!  Looking forward to your submission.

@CA - It's much heavier that what I normally listen to, but I like that song!

I also should have mentioned the distance.  I was at about 50 feet.  So closer to 15 m.  That's pretty much my normal when target slinging.  Unless it's something ridiculous like a nail.  Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #79 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 10:38am

lol the interesting thing about the brothers of metal songs is that they really delve deep into the norse myths and gods.

Until that song, I had no idea that there was a goat in valhalla that produced an endless tream of mead from it's teats.

And i really love the way ylva pronounces Ragnarok.
I just can't get that 'ruuoockk' sound at the end.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #80 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 12:53pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 10:11am:
With all the craziness going on now, maybe 2022 is a more realistic hope than next year.

I fear you're right...  Sad

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #81 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 8:11pm

Yeah it make missing this year’s competition even more painful. But in hindsight I’d be very broke now.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #82 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 12:16am

Kick wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 12:53pm:
joe_meadmaker wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 10:11am:
With all the craziness going on now, maybe 2022 is a more realistic hope than next year.

I fear you're right...  Sad

It just gives you guys one more year to train like Rocky (or NOC)!

John R.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #83 - Oct 11th, 2020 at 4:20am

I finally got a pumpkin, Stay tuned !!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #84 - Oct 11th, 2020 at 1:09pm

yeah - next year is supposed to be the 500th anniversary of spain invading guam and crushing the native culture.
And no I'm not quite sure why they're celebrating - I think they just like beach parties Smiley

It's march - but if there are still no reliable vaccines - there's no way I'm spending 24 hours on a succession of enclosed metal boxes with recycled atmosphere and a bunch of infected strangers.

As far as the international in mallorca goes - no clue.
At the moment I've lost track of where you do and don't need to be quarantined for 14 days - going and/or returning.

But again there's the whole aeroplane issue.

I'm supposedly in a vulnerable group and so's my mum.
So risks i do not take.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #85 - Oct 11th, 2020 at 3:36pm

I had to travel through 4 airports within two weeks for the last one. Do that again with corona about? No, thank you. I work with old, already ill people and, if they get it, it will kill them. All of them. No if's or but's. It sucks because last year was just fantastic and I have never been in more need of a holiday than now.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #86 - Oct 12th, 2020 at 3:24am

All footage recorded, now I just need to get someone who can edit to help me be competitive in this awesome 2020 pumpkin challenge

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #87 - Oct 12th, 2020 at 4:01am

Mersa wrote on Oct 12th, 2020 at 3:24am:
All footage recorded, now I just need to get someone who can edit to help me be competitive in this awesome 2020 pumpkin challenge

An outside editor!? I feel like this is the beginning of an arms race. Next year is going to be ridiculous...

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #88 - Oct 12th, 2020 at 9:34am

It’s only my GF she’s more tech savvy than me. I’m the ape that throws rocks

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #89 - Oct 12th, 2020 at 12:55pm

Kick wrote on Oct 12th, 2020 at 4:01am:
I feel like this is the beginning of an arms race. Next year is going to be ridiculous...

The race is on to see who's first to get a drone and have an aerial view.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, LightSlinger, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark)