Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Pumpkin Challenge! (Prize included) (Read 15259 times)
joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Pumpkin Challenge! (Prize included)
Reply #15 - Sep 15th, 2020 at 2:32pm

Awesome!  That was fast.  I didn't even get a pumpkin yet.  Sad

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #16 - Sep 16th, 2020 at 1:17am

I had to be quick. I've had precious few days off and even fewer where the weather hasn't been utterly dismal. I was lucky to get it done yesterday as today is grey, raining and misty as hell. Even so, every now and then when I missed there would be a splash as the rocks hit one of the many puddles.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #17 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 10:26am

Pumpkin acquired. Game on Kick!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #18 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 12:16pm

Here's what you have to best. I'm pretty happy with the finale Cheesy

https://youtu.be/jzDIvx98TCY

I can't wait to try out my new target...  Tongue

Gold star award wining post

« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2020 at 4:47pm by Curious Aardvark »  

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #19 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 4:20pm

Wow!  You sure smashed that thing up!  Fantastic first entry.  The bar has definitely been set high. Thumbs Up
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2020 at 10:06pm by joe_meadmaker »  

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #20 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 6:44pm

Yeah Kick!!!
That’s for sure your best entry in the pumpkin challenge yet and a great video to start the challenge.
I might have to change my plans a little after seeing that.
Your pretty good with that staff sling seems like you got it tuned

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #21 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 11:03pm

Yeah it took some throws to get back into it; been a little while since I last used it, but, once I was warmed up, I was getting pretty consistent. I really love that thing.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #22 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 10:18pm

Way to come out swinging Kick!  Definitely setting a high bar.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #23 - Sep 20th, 2020 at 3:14pm

Nice Kick! You are getting really good with that staff sling.

Also, I'm going put the links to all the entry videos in the first post so they are consolidated and can be found easily.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2020 at 8:53pm by IronGoober »  

John R.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #24 - Sep 21st, 2020 at 6:11pm

I hope everybody isn't waiting to the last minute, because I've got a serious contender coming soon!  My 5yo son just finished the design that we plan to carve into the pumpkin before I start slinging, but don't worry... my schtick isn't just going to be me slinging at a carved pumpkin instead of an uncarved one.  I have a few real surprises in store Grin

It's raining, so I'm going to wait a day or two to carve and smash the pumpkin when the weather clears up a little bit.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #25 - Sep 21st, 2020 at 10:34pm

I honestly hadn't considered taking the time to carve it before smashing it up... good idea! I won't steal it, but good idea nonetheless. I'm looking forward to the video.

I got my pumpkin, but I need a workday that is light so I can leave early to film.

John R.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #26 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 2:28am

I considered carving mine but I wanted to ensure it's structural integrity.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #27 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 6:38am

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #28 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 7:06am

As always... nice shooting Jaegoor!

IronGoober wrote on Sep 21st, 2020 at 10:34pm:
I honestly hadn't considered taking the time to carve it before smashing it up... good idea! I won't steal it, but good idea nonetheless.

It’s not stealing if I give the idea away. Besides, I am pretty sure I’m not the first person to come up with the idea of carving a pumpkin Smiley

Kick wrote on Sep 22nd, 2020 at 2:28am:
I considered carving mine but I wanted to ensure it's structural integrity.

Ha! If we're being scored on structural integrity, then we should just give the prize to Jaegoor and his coconut now! It’s true that carving will weaken the pumpkin, but I decided it would be worth it because one of the criteria is entertainment value... plus my son really wanted to carve it when he saw that I bought a pumpkin.  Grin

Well I’ve talked about it enough and it’s time for less talk and more pumpkin destruction...

« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2020 at 11:41pm by NooneOfConsequence »  

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #29 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 7:32am

Yeah Jaegoor nice stuff, this challenge is already producing the goods, I’m still awaiting the arrival of the classic orange pumpkins in my local stores, I have a few ideas on what I want to do but I’m getting less confidence as the clips roll in . Anyway I’ll try my best , it’s fun nonetheless

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, LightSlinger, Bill Skinner)