Easyant slings (Read 1681 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Easyant slings
Sep 2nd, 2020 at 9:13am

Ran across these on Amazon today...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=easyant+sling&ref=nb_sb_noss

Prices look reasonable. I may order one to try it out.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: Easyant slings
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2020 at 9:23am

Looks pretty decent. I would take the wooden bead off though. I've been whipped by plain knots and they can hurt, let alone wooden beads.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2020 at 9:46am

Yeah I will try it as-is, but then I’ll probably replace all the cordage at my own preferred length.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2020 at 11:55am by NooneOfConsequence »  

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2020 at 1:45pm

Hmm, someone's been a busy little ant.

All desings from here and methodology is very familiar.

So fess up, which one of you is it ?
given the engraving, design and variety, I know who my money is on whistle

So who is it ? 

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2020 at 2:23pm

Definitely not me!  Look at the video on the listing. I don’t want to stereotype, but I think that person is from somewhere in Asia.   If it’s one of us, that narrows it down quite a bit!

My guess is that some specialized leather cut-and-sew factory in China or Vietnam is behind the brand, but it’s certainly possible that the factory is in Asia but the brand is run from elsewhere.  Either way they have a lot of non-sling leather goods too, so I think this all comes from one manufacturing facility in Asia. I’ll know more when my sling arrives tomorrow Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2020 at 2:23pm

LOL.  The prices are very reasonable and most of them appear to be well made.  I wonder how long they are?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 4:07pm

Well gotta love Amazon... I ordered one yesterday and it just arrived!
Here’s my first impression. I have not thrown anything with it yet.
The cords are very long... about 36 inches. I say “about” because the finger loop came undone as I was measuring it.

The cordage is straight up paracord with basic knots for retention loop and release knot... nothing fancy, but nothing wrong with that (other than the finger loop coming undone immediately)

The leather quality looks questionable at best. It’s very stretchy, and I am thinking it’s not even real leather.  It may be some sort of reconstituted suede with a vinyl layer that makes it look More like real leather. Either way I’m not impressed with the pouch material... and that’s coming from someone who made a sling out of a Doritos bags Grin

The design is interesting. The pouch rests flat, and you can wear it like a bracelet when you aren’t slinging. The pouch is very small though. It wouldn’t be good for anything bigger than a golf ball.

Was it worth $12?  I’d say probably not. Six feet of paracord, four eyelets, two pieces of fake leather, and one line of saddle stitching... this probably didn’t cost more than $2 to make, but I would rather pay $20 for the same thing with higher quality materials.

Now I’ll have to head outside and try it out.

*edit* I am just going to return it. I’d rather make my own copy with real leather and get my money back.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2020 at 6:18am by NooneOfConsequence »  

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 6:41pm

That pouch looks tiny, and I make a edc sling that was designed tiny.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 7:09pm

Yeah... not impressed.  I was hopeful, but it was too good to be true.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 3:06am

Ich halte es für Schrott.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #10 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 3:53am

How disappointing.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 7:18am

Jaegoor wrote on Sep 4th, 2020 at 3:06am:
Ich halte es für Schrott.

I disagree.  This sling is an insult to junk...

Here's how to make a better sling from garbage Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPxiGgaY77Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5yavFr1Oa8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLazuzoaYog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Q4e9VSdkY

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 12:10pm

I tried to branch out to Amazon, but had issues with the sigh up. But that looks like an insult to slingers.  Just buy my stuff. Make life easier  Grin

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 1:19pm

Yeah, Amazon has a handmade category now, but it only makes sense to sell at a certain volume because of the high seller fees compared to Etsy or EBay. David the Shepherd does it. Maybe you should try again. One of these days I may try too, but I’m not ready to do it quite yet. Either way, if EasyAnt can do it, anyone here can too!

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 4:05pm

They sure looked better in the advertisement.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Rat Man, Chris, Kick)