Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hometown map from 750 million years ago (Read 466 times)
vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Hometown map from 750 million years ago
Aug 31st, 2020 at 4:56pm

Came across this on the news had to share. A paleontologist made it, you can put your hometown or anytown in and see where it was located in the world due to tectonic plates forming all the way back to 750 million years ago..  it gives you an idea on when dinosaurs were in your neighborhood.

https://dinosaurpictures.org/ancient-earth#750

Ratman, did you know that in sewell/ Mantua almost 10 years ago they found one of the largest fossil yards, right by Rutger college, behind the Lowes on delsea drive rt 47.

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Re: Hometown map from 750 million years ago
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2020 at 6:25am

Really cool. Just found out my home town was technically next to modern Ireland.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2020 at 12:52pm

vetryan15 wrote on Aug 31st, 2020 at 4:56pm:
Came across this on the news had to share. A paleontologist made it, you can put your hometown or anytown in and see where it was located in the world due to tectonic plates forming all the way back to 750 million years ago..  it gives you an idea on when dinosaurs were in your neighborhood.

https://dinosaurpictures.org/ancient-earth#750

Ratman, did you know that in sewell/ Mantua almost 10 years ago they found one of the largest fossil yards, right by Rutger college, behind the Lowes on delsea drive rt 47.

Very  cool map.  Somehow I missed that news item, which is odd for me.  I'm usually up on such things.  I'll have to look it up.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2020 at 4:29pm

I figured some members would enjoy it.

The fossil yardis owned by Rutgers, and willchase people off the property with police.  But occasionally they open it up for tours to the public.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Bill Skinner)