Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slinger problems (Read 740 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Slinger problems
Aug 29th, 2020 at 9:39am

I’m left handed, and I’ve been throwing more than usual in the last several weeks...
So I looked in the mirror last night and I noticed that my left arm has slightly more muscle tone than my right. Maybe I need to start throwing right-handed to balance it out?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Re: Slinger problems
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 11:47am

Unless it's this bad, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7BVxLyIgqM  I'd say you are ok.

I have also noticed that the tendon near my forearm/elbow on my throwing arm is significantly bigger than my off-arm. Even if I had the correct mechanics with my off-arm, I think I couldn't get the same power/endurance just because I haven't strengthened the tendons.

I will say though, I have done a few days here and there of slinging with my off-arm (left side for me) and I think it helps the brain get better on both sides. You have to really break down your form and it can help you realize things you are doing poorly on your regular throwing side.

John R.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 2:03pm

I wouldn't worry about one arm being more developed than the other.  There was a professional tennis player years ago, Arthur Ashe, who's right arm was quite noticeably more muscular than his left.  It never caused him any problems.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 7:33pm

From climbing trees one whole side of my body gets a stronger workout, doesn’t cause me any issues I noticed

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 5:49am

I had the same issue with my right arm and the solution was to begin training my left arm to do the various right arm tasks.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 5:54am

Slingen ist nicht nur Arm. Dieser Fakt wird immer noch nicht verstanden. Es wird oft wie irrsinnig aus dem arm heraus gepeitscht? Warum? Es bringt Ihnen nichts. Sie werden Probleme mit denn Gelenken bekommen. Ganz sicher.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Kick, vetryan15)